crashing with URC201 plugin active

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

crashing with URC201 plugin active

Postby fixebr » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:50 pm

Greetings.
My application turns off when the remote control plug-in is active.
Error code:
Code: Select all
************* Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
   at USBClassLibrary.USBClass.GetUSBDevice(UInt32 VID, UInt32 PID, List`1& ListOfDP, Boolean GetCOMPort, Nullable`1 MI)
   at Plugins.PluginForm..ctor(UCCNCplugin Pluginmain)
   at Plugins.UCCNCplugin.Init_event(Entry UC)

Sometimes it helps to press any button on the remote control so that its screen lights up (and the light on the USB receiver turns red), but sometimes I have to turn on / off / restart the application, computer, etc. for half an hour.
Also today, half of the launches of the application ended with BSOD with a "kernel error". Just in case, we tried another computer, with a clean installation of Windows (only the operating system, drivers and the UCCNC application).
If I disable the remote control plugin in the profile file, the error does not occur even once, we tried it 20 times during the day.
My English is bad, so you're reading machine translation results. Alas.
fixebr

Re: crashing with URC201 plugin active

Postby fixebr » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:55 pm

It is also not clear to me whether it is necessary to install the remote control driver located in the application folder? Without a driver, the remote control receiver is defined as "a device with a serial interface USB (COM4)", and it seems to work. I tried to install the driver, the device name changed, but the error described above persists.
But then the plugin for spindle control by modbus stops working.
fixebr

Postby Battwell » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:32 pm

what version are you using of uccnc?
and when it crashes- do you have 2 uccnc boxes in the task bar overlapping each other?
i have noticed that if the plugin has trouble connecting in pre 114 versions that very weird things can happen.
a lot can be solved by turning off usb power saving in pc.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby fixebr » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:49 pm

I am using version 1.2113. I tried 1.2115, but there are many complaints on the forum about incorrect behavior with probing and remote control on these. So I won't dare to use it as the main one yet.
Now the machine is busy with a complex 3D relief for 20+ hours, so I can't make a screenshot yet.
It looks like a gray program window, on top of which there is a small window with an error and buttons "more details, continue, exit". For "more details" shows the text that I gave above. If you click "exit", a standard UCCNC exit window will appear. If you click "continue", the screen remains gray and the screenset does not load.
I will try to turn off energy saving, tomorrow I can report the results. But in theory, the receiver works fine at error moment - the LED turns on when I press any button on the remote control.
fixebr

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:40 pm

As far as I know my collegues are working on fixing these new issues with the UCR201 + probing.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby twedlake » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:28 pm

cncdrive wrote:As far as I know my collegues are working on fixing these new issues with the UCR201 + probing.

any word on a fix for this UCR201 plugin? Mine has nothing to do with probing. if machine sets for 30+ minutes with no activity (and no, all my power settings are set to FULL POWER 100% of the time) this error presents itself.. this is getting REALLY annoying!

if I disable UCR201Plugin, the machine can set for days without issue.. it's the UCR201 plugin!
twedlake

Postby cncdrive » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:25 am

I think this has been fixed, but my collegue dezsoe will confirm it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby twedlake » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:07 pm

cncdrive wrote:I think this has been fixed, but my collegue dezsoe will confirm it.

no one has confirmed anything, at least not that I'm reading.

any clue how this was fixed please? is there a newer driver or something available to correct it?

thanks
twedlake

Postby dezsoe » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:59 pm

The bug was fixed, however it was not released as far as I know. I have to ask the developer, but he is on holiday this week.
dezsoe

Postby twedlake » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:59 pm

dezsoe wrote:The bug was fixed, however it was not released as far as I know. I have to ask the developer, but he is on holiday this week.

any word on this dezsoe?

thanks
twedlake

Next

Return to Report a bug