UCCNC loses connection when opening a shared network file

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

UCCNC loses connection when opening a shared network file

Postby knkkreations » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a setting in my ethernet connection, but when I open a file on the CNC computer it works fine and when I try loading a file over the network it says it's lost connection and is closing.
I never had this problem until recently and after a windows update I think so I doubt its hardware issues. I'm using a network switch to connect the CNC and computer so I can access my home network as well. I'm suspicious that the ethernet connection gets "blocked" from uccnc momentarily to bring the file info over the network. I can open the networked folders in windows explorer ok while uccnc is running .

I tried changing a bunch of ethernet settings on my computer and nothing really seems to help. Using windows 10 home and uccnc 1.2111 with UC 300eth 5lpt.

Any ideas?
knkkreations

Re: UCCNC loses connection when opening a shared network fil

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:10 am

Yes, thats possible that it overloads the network when you opening the shared network.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby knkkreations » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:26 am

Is there any way I can prevent that? Faster computer, lan card or anything? I'd really like to keep all my files on my design computer to keep the dedicated CNC computer hard drive empty.
knkkreations

Postby Robertspark » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:07 pm

2 network adapter cards, one dedicated to CNC.
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Yes, 2 network adapters is a good idea, but ofcourse we cannot guarantee that it will, because it is not 100% sure that the problem is caused by the network.
Maybe loading the network just overloads the computer CPU itself so much that it causes a problem, so that would be another idea to check the CPU load while opening the network drive.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby knkkreations » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:38 am

After a little bit of testing, it does seem like it is the cpu being overloaded. I disabled a couple of Windows features such as sound effects that were taking up CPU and was able to load files from the network again. I really should get a better dedicated PC soon
knkkreations

Return to Report a bug