W10 High Contrast cobbles UCCNC

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

W10 High Contrast cobbles UCCNC

Postby dammogreen » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 pm

Windows 10
UCCNC soft vers 1.211

When running UCCNC offline (have not tested online), IF windows is in high contrast mode (alt+shift+print screen) UCCNC has issues: won't switch between page tabs (or maybe very very slowly not sure)many buttons won't work etc, basically UCCNC not useable when windows is in high contrast display mode. Not asking for a fix just a heads up in case people have problems.
dammogreen

Re: W10 High Contrast cobbles UCCNC

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi,

UCCNC using OpenGL graphics, so it's screen only not works if Windows 10 has issues with OpenGL.
Lots of games using OpenGL, so if it has a problem like that then it is likely that it will be fixed in an update.

Dezsoe, can you check this out to see if we can reproduce it please?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:11 pm

It works really strange. Some tabs can be selected, others not. E.g. tools cannot be selected if main is active, but diag can and after diag tools works (1.2113, Default2019 screenset). It's completely messed up in high contrast mode...
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:34 pm

OK, thanks. I'm not sure what the high contrast mode exactly does, but the UCCNC Window mouse pointer coordinates are monitored and the clicks positions are detected like that.
So, at the moment I don't really understand how any screen mode could mess it up, but I will try it with a Win 10. machine asap.

Dezsoe, meanwhile if you will have some time can you make a simple Csharp or VB app and see if Windows detects the mouseclick coordinates properly on it in high screen mode?

Thanks.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:26 pm

OK, I found the problem. In high contrast mode the screen does not refresh (only sometimes): if you minimize the window and reopen, then you see the real window. I opened a plugin config window (written in C#) and there everything works fine. See the video:

dezsoe

Postby dammogreen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:59 pm

For me (no plugin of course) minimizing and maximizing , or shutting down UCCNC and restarting ...it still does not work. (with w10 High Contrast mode on)
dammogreen

Return to Report a bug