Cutting a circle with a lead in perpendicular.

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Cutting a circle with a lead in perpendicular.

Postby Robertspark » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Stivemaster

Can you explain what you are trying to do with M10 and M11?

In your post you put this, but it does not make sense what you are trying to do with it.

Pay attention to the next sentence!
Just change the plasma profile so that the interpreter will trigger the M10Q255 only if the speed is over 90% of the last set !!!

Are you using the pwm signal for something?

You can use one of the other mcodes m208 etc (I am on a phone and forget the numbers) to trigger an output when the actual feedrate goes below the set feedrate (90% or whatever you set)

Just wire this output pin up to inhibit thc.
Robertspark

Postby stivemaster » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 pm

I can not understand what you wrote. Speed, I mean F does not S , so I do not understand what connection you are asking me about PWM !
stivemaster

Postby Robertspark » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 pm

I copied what YOU wrote....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1952&start=10#p15482
Robertspark

Postby stivemaster » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 pm

The M10 and M11 are designed to include a laser. My idea was in a profile that was specially created for plasma and the following functionality was added: M10 only started when the driving speed reached 90-100% of the set "F" for the first time in the file. And to work only then - if the speed falls below this limit as if M11 starts acting. I hope you understand what I mean. I know this will not be good for some old THC but we can not stay in the past. In LinuxCNC and all Linux based CNC systems have a PLC algorithm for embedded THC. It uses a functionality that works very well, unlike the old THCs. So I do not agree to create custom M codes for imperfect controllers just because they would otherwise not be able to work! This is not true at all.
The UCCNC is not interested in this opportunity to have built-in THCs at least to give the opportunity for such a PLC.
stivemaster

Postby Robertspark » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Why can you not use M209/M210??

M209/M210 will toggle (change state) when the ACTUAL FEEDRATE ("F") drops below the SET FEEDRATE.

All you do is enable THC with M205 + M209 and use a defined pin output from M209 (on the Configuration >> I/O Setup ) and I believe it will do what you want it to do.

No changes needed to UCCNC.
Robertspark

Postby stivemaster » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:34 am

I can not understand how you imagine the work of a new modern THC. According to you, he submits the UP and DN to the UCCNC or manages the Z's motor directly? If it manages directly what significance it has for it, the M209 / M210. Do you see how many redundant and unnecessary codes are created when there is no concept of development forward.
A work permit signal is sufficient for the operation of a THC controller. This signal should come first when the height is still correct - that is, after lead in and the speed is over 90% and then stop at the places where the speed is lower. I have not watched how M209 / M210 works and whether to do this work. In the UCCNC manual these codes are separated in two words and nothing more. Even the Chinese are more detailed in their manually.
stivemaster

Postby Robertspark » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:48 am

Did I miss something?

I was trying to help I never offered an opinion, I just asked if M209/M210 would suit your needs?

The number of codes you use have no significance on machine performance they give you options.... Use them or don't.

I prefer having the flexibility.

Can I make a suggestion. Learn Linux and use linuxcnc to do everything exactly how you want it to work for you.

Linux is a blank canvas and you can do everything and anything how you want it to work for YOU and your THC.

There is a lot of development and thoughtful development that has gone into uccnc, no it's not perfect.... But then it's not expensive either.... And I am not sure if expensive = perfect. It has many many users now.... And I know that the neuron plasma thc has a lot of users using uccnc and that works well.

It seems YOUR THC requires something different than uccnc offers.

good luck!
Robertspark

Postby stivemaster » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:21 am

I already wrote what I would do if I developed a CNC plasma system.
And for my THC, nothing special is required. For it I use M10 or M10Q255 at the UCCNC and M11.
I suggested to Les of SHEETCAM to fine-tune the rules and make the THC's work in the tool path much easier and more accurate than what is now. But even now with manual addition of action point, everything is OK.
I will upload videos bad when I have such a professional shot. I do not want to make a bad impression by posting videos with the phone.
stivemaster

Postby beefy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 am

This thread seems to be heading the same way as this one:

https://forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7949

Seems everything I'm doing is just rubbish, and I'm doing it all wrong. And I guess Cncdrive is doing it all wrong too.

I think Stivemaster needs to develop his own cam & CNC controller software. Maybe then it will all be perfect and only cost a little at the same time.
beefy

Postby Vmax549 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:56 pm

StiveMaster I would suggest that you go BACK and reread teh UCCNC manual . It DOES define each of teh options involved with plasma VERY WELL. THEN come back and discuss it further. Every thing you asked for is already a working function in UCCNC. You just have to LEARN to use it properly.

Les already explained why it cannot work from the Cam side. BUT most of it can work from the controller side AND it does with UCCNC.

Still not convinced ?? Move over to LinuxCNC and give it a try yourself. At that level you can reprogram teh LinusCNC kernal to do as you think you want it to do. THEN come back and prove us wrong that you have a plasma control for teh masses. SURE you can fine tune a system for YOUR unique application but that will ALL fall apart when someone else tries to use it on THEIR system.

UCCNC does as good or better than ANY other DIY controller in the PLASMA controller market and most other Plasma controllers do what you asked as well.

Been There Done That.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

PreviousNext

Return to Report a bug