"+" PREPEND TO COORD IN SUBROUTINE GLITCH

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

"+" PREPEND TO COORD IN SUBROUTINE GLITCH

Postby dammogreen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:34 pm

IF within a subroutine
AND
a "+" (debatable superfluous) sign is prepended to a positive coordinate i.e X +0.100 instead of just X 0.100

the simulator will ignore (set as RED comment) the plus sign AND all instructions to the right of it on the same line.

You can see in the G code that the "+0.100" will be turned to red...like it is treated as a comment..so the move to the coordinate will not happen.

If you do the same "X +0.100" NOT within a subprogram only the superfluous "+" will be made red (ignored) but not everything to the right on that line ..so the code will still move to the coordinate as intended.

(The reason I sometimes like to use the superfluous "+" is so I can be sure I assigned it the correct sign and did not just neglect to assign the "-" )
dammogreen

Re: "+" PREPEND TO COORD IN SUBROUTINE GLITCH

Postby cncdrive » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 pm

It's not a "glitch", but the UCCNC does not understand the + sign in this scenario.
A glitch would be random, but this is not random, it works like that always.
However I will consider making it to understand the + sign. Honestly I did not even think about that yet, but it is logical to make it understand that.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: "+" PREPEND TO COORD IN SUBROUTINE GLITCH

Postby dammogreen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:39 pm

... it treats the "+" differently and the resulting movement of the machine is far different depending on if the "+" is in a subroutine or not...maybe that is not a glitch but...glad i caught before a crash did ;-)
dammogreen

Return to Report a bug