Sporadic spindle enable signal

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Sporadic spindle enable signal

Postby ger21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:36 pm

Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby per.takman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:35 am

Hi,

The attached screenshots poped up during the night. I've labeled them from 1-4, but it seems like I need to add the fourth one to a second post. Needless to say I was not in the room while this happened.

Let me know what you can make of it!

Cheers, Per
Attachments
Popup 3.JPG
Popup 3.JPG (20.66 KiB) Viewed 13140 times
Popup 2.JPG
Popup 2.JPG (20.24 KiB) Viewed 13140 times
Popup 1.JPG
Popup 1.JPG (19.47 KiB) Viewed 13140 times
Last edited by per.takman on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
per.takman

Postby per.takman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:35 am

Here is the fourth popup.

/P
Attachments
Popup 4.JPG
Popup 4.JPG (20.48 KiB) Viewed 13140 times
per.takman

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:58 am

Yes, I clearly see that the call comes from a plugin.
It is impossible though to determinate which plugin sent the call, but it is clear that a plugin calls from it's loop thread the button number 114 which is the M3 button code.
So, it is not the core software who makes the call, but one of the plugins.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby per.takman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:08 am

Great!

As you can see from my profile file I've got the UCR200Plugin as well as the Webcamera enabled. Are they the only possible culprits or should we broaden the search by removing others from the folder as well?

/Per
Attachments
Stepcraft2_Model840.pro
(21.5 KiB) Downloaded 793 times
per.takman

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 am

In the Webcamera plugin there is no such code which could call the M3 button, so I cross out the possiblity that it could cause such problems.
The UCR200 plugin can call that button.
I would remove the UCR200 plugin dll to see if it resolved the issue.
Remove both the UCR200Plugin.dll and the UCR200.dll, because this plugin is built from 2 .dlls, so remove both when testing.

Plugins in general should not run and execute code when they are not enabled, however it may be possible for them to do so,
if the code is implemented inproperly, so it is possible that one calls the button code even if it is disabled, but I don't think it is very likely,
since the plugins you have were written by us and they do not run when not enabled.

So, please start with removing the UC200 plugin, because I think the problem is likely to be in that.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby per.takman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks for the instructions! I will try this next and let you know what I find. If it turns out to be the UCR200 it would be nice if we could get to the bottom of it anyway since I really like using it.

Would it be worth testing the system with the USB dongle for the UCR200 disconnected or possibly with the batteries removed from the UCR200, but with the plugin enabled to see if this is somehow a hardware glitch.

Will UCCNC start with the UCR200 plugin enabled if I remove the USB dongle?

Cheers, Per
per.takman

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:25 pm

I've talked to my collegue meanwhile who wrote the UCR200 plugin he said that the UCR200 plugin has the functions named KeyEvent and GetDisplayStatus,
so now we are 100% sure that the call to the M3 at you was made by the UCR200 plugin.
So, we will look into the issue in the plugin.

Only one more question: The UCR200 was active when the issue happened?
I mean was the pendant active or inactive but in range to the receiver or totally inactive/off?
It would be good to know this detail, but ofcourse we will also try to reproduce the issue ourselves and will try to correct the issue asap.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby per.takman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Great! It sounds like we're getting to the bottom of this fairly quickly.

The pendent USB dongle was powered, but the pendent itself (batteries inserted) was located in a closed drawer made out of steel. I would not be surprised if it acts as a Faraday cage, blocking any signal from the pendent itself. If you want to I can perform a test with the pendant located next to the computer so that any period handshake can transfer properly I can do that as well.

Is there no longer a need to verify that disabling/removing the UCR200 plugin remove the symptoms?

Cheers, Per
per.takman

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Great! It sounds like we're getting to the bottom of this fairly quickly.

The pendent USB dongle was powered, but the pendent itself (batteries inserted) was located in a closed drawer made out of steel. I would not be surprised if it acts as a Faraday cage, blocking any signal from the pendent itself. If you want to I can perform a test with the pendant located next to the computer so that any period handshake can transfer properly I can do that as well.

Is there no longer a need to verify that disabling/removing the UCR200 plugin remove the symptoms?

Yes, it would be great if you could check if the plugin producing the issue with the pendant only or without the pendant also.

There is no need to test for the UCR200 plugin, because now it is 100% sure that this plugin sending the command,
we verified and only this plugin has the mentioned function names which can be seen on your printscreen of the stack trace.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Report a bug