UCCNC crash on large engrave jobs

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: UCCNC crash on large engrave jobs

Postby Robertspark » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:44 pm

3d0g wrote:Thanks Robert. Retired from 30 years in IT and security so I've been around computers just a bit. :D

cnc world is full of all types....

3d0g wrote: I didn't have to install a specific one with the Windows 10 installation.

that will probably be your problem (I'd put beer tokins on it).
Robertspark

Postby 3d0g » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Robertspark wrote:that will probably be your problem (I'd put beer tokins on it).

I'll take those tokens! AMD says to use the built-in Win10 drivers for the Radeon 63xx series. Allocating more video memory definitely helped though. UCCNC CPU is down to 10% now. It's not a powerful computer - it was purpose-built for LinuxCNC which requires fast parallel ports and low latency on the bus.
3d0g

Postby cncdrive » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:38 pm

The UCCNC requires power only from the graphics card. It does not require a powerful computer, but the graphics card should be able to handle 3D graphics acceleration directly on the graphics card for optimal performance. So, it is not a problem that your computer is not powerful, the problem is if the graphics card has poor performance.

That allocating more video memory reduces CPU usage a lot indicates that the issue is the poor graphics card performance, low graphics memory and/or low GPU power.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby 3d0g » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:14 am

OK, so I heeded y'alls advice and treated myself to some black friday deals. Upgraded my shop PC with an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G on an ASRock B450M-HDV board with 16G of ram. Haven't run any jobs yet but UCCNC is now idling at < 1% CPU utilization. :mrgreen:
3d0g

Previous

Return to Report a bug