Toolpath , tool position "cones" go missing

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Toolpath , tool position "cones" go missing

Postby dammogreen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 am

UCCNC version 1.2103 ..and also earlier releases.

Often times when I start UCCNC and load a file I can see the tool position "cones"

Then I think when I edit and reload a file the cones/pointers are gone...active tool "paths" are still highlighted.

Sometimes I can restart UCCNC and reload the file the cones will show up again, many times not....
dammogreen

Re: Toolpath , tool position "cones" go missing

Postby cncdrive » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am

Hi,

There was no change in how those cones are drawn. No change in that in 1.2102 and no change in 1.2103 and edit and reload file can only influance the cones if the code was changed in a way that the dimensions of the toolpath was changed, because the cone sizes are calculated based on the size of the toolpath. Code could be ofcourse created when the cone goes so small that you can't see it with normal zoom distance.
Can you make a video, a screen capture of the issue please to let me see what you exactly doing?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dammogreen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm

ah, YES

It was because all of my work movements were on one plane.

Solution: Jog the an xyz position off the plane so that all 3 planes were "in use" , then reload the file.

That helps UCCNC scale the cones.

FYI vout a 4x4 work envelope in the Z X plane and just jogged into the Y about 0.5 to get useful sized cones.

I suggest you could have UCCNC set a minimum size cone in the cases when motion does not enter a 3rd plane...?
dammogreen

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:03 am

Good idea, but what would be that minimum cone size?
I mean a toolpath might be any small or any large.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Report a bug