UR201 sudden movement

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: UR201 sudden movement

Postby Matt » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:07 pm

It's been a bit since I checked in and as far as I can tell there's so far not much comment from the vendor. Not sure they're interested in looking into. But today, I had a new weird thing happen that relate to this.

UCR201 was set on the Y axis, velocity mode, 10% and when turning the MPG for Y- instead the Z- moved and Y remained stationary. Yes that's right: it moved the wrong axis despite showing it was selected! Then shortly after my brief panic and hitting stop the Y moved + and - a few steps randomly (inconsistent with what was commanded on the UCR201). It was all too quick to make the vendor a video. It happened while at the far end of my table where the connection wasn't the best and around this time the "no connection" message popped up a few times.

Aside from this, keeping the MPG mode to OFF has resolved the phantom movements. This stuff is only happening when the MPG is enabled.

Is there any form of error checking taking place on the commands from the UCR201? I can't help but think there's something wonky going on with the signal.
Matt

Re: UR201 sudden movement

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 pm

It's been awhile so I figured I might as well drop back in with a quick update. Since switching to velocity mode and shying away from using step (also turning the the MPG Mode to OFF when not in use) it hasn't made any phantom movements. I do regularly see the "no connection" message pop up which will cause the continuation of movements if it happens in the midst of using the mpg, but I can work around that for now. I'm not quite to the bottom of it but I'm currently thinking it may have something to do with the 5v power to the receiver. I have it on an active extension to get it up in line of sight with the pendant. Thank you for the earlier suggestions mickecarlsson, they ended up helping me out a ton here!
Matt

Previous

Return to Report a bug