Cutter compensation and variables is very bad

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Cutter compensation and variables is very bad

Postby Delco » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:47 am

It happens as well just in normal Gcode executed from fusion , I stopped using cutter comp last year and am still waiting for a updated version of software to fix some of these bugs
Delco

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:32 pm

Delco, the issue you reported was already fixed, but was not released yet. It was about how leadins and leadouts were handled with cutter comp and that problem was fixed.

But the special cases: Cutter compensation with #vars were not tested as far as I remember. However the OP wrote that it is a common practice to code like this, but the reality is that nobody ever reported this issue in like 5 years till UCCNC can do cutter compensation. So, I understand that for the OP this is a programming method he usually doing, but most users seems to never programming like that.
But anyways we will test the mentioned problematic scenarios and will try to overcome this issues asap.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Delco » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:24 am

cncdrive wrote:Delco, the issue you reported was already fixed, but was not released yet. It was about how leadins and leadouts were handled with cutter comp and that problem was fixed.

looking forward to it being released , I went through and removed cutter comp from all my programs and manually dial them in currently which is time consuming.
Also looking forward to the lathe version , have a new lathe conversion done waiting for t to be released.
Delco

Previous

Return to Report a bug