Issue with proximity sensor on homing

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Issue with proximity sensor on homing

Postby gills » Mon May 29, 2023 1:18 am

I just bought some proximity sensors, NPN NO and got them wired up. I have been trying to rehome my machine and for some reason Mach will not back off of the A axis home switch when it is triggered. The sensors trigger at 1/4" or less, so I have the back off distance set at .500". I am using shielded cables on all sensors which was the same with the old mechanical switched which I had no issues in the past like this with them. Mach starts with Z then moves to A and then X. Z works fine and MAch backs off when its tripped. It will not back off of A when tripped. If I go back into my input settings and turn A homing swith off, and hit ref all home it will trigger Z and back off, then go to X and trigger X and back off. It will not back off of A. Even though Z & X are working without issue, I still went to general config and set the debounce setting and index to 4000 and I still am getting the same result on A. I even swapped the sensor out on the A axis and still got the same result.
gills

Re: Issue with proximity sensor on homing

Postby ger21 » Mon May 29, 2023 2:22 am

so I have the back off distance set at .500".

Mach3 does not have a "back off distance" function or setting. It only backs up until the switch opens.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Issue with proximity sensor on homing

Postby gills » Mon May 29, 2023 2:33 am

in the plugins config I have the back off set to .500". So why isn't Mach reading it on the A axis when it is on X and Z?
gills

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions