Intermittent Mach 3 Issue with Jogging and Running a Program

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Re: Intermittent Mach 3 Issue with Jogging and Running a Pro

Postby ger21 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Did you try the .066 version which supposedly fixes the issue?
The .066 version was on Artsoft's website for years. It was only replaced when it stopped working in Windows 10, and CNC Router Parts created a patch for .062 to run in Windows 10. Artsoft basically abandoned Mach3 over 5 years ago.

The problem with Mach3 is that every version has different bugs. The reason they created Mach4, was because Mach3 got to the point where they couldn't fix bugs without introducing new ones.

Most of us here have switched to UCCNC because it's far superior to Mach3. And it's 1/3 the price.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Intermittent Mach 3 Issue with Jogging and Running a Pro

Postby jayrussellbhllc » Fri May 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Have there been any recent updates to the firmware of the UC-100? The jogging issue has been around as long as I've been using these mills. However, the G20 issue and the "Go To Home" issue are recent. Based on my testing, the G20 and "Go To Home" issues seem to trigger when the DRO is close to zero in any of the axes - especially the Z-axis.

Every time I use a test indicator to zero my X and Y axes, I always jog them away from zero before I hit "Go To Home". Otherwise, it's very likely to freeze up, which means I have to recover the functionality in a way that compromises the zero I just set.

Every time I run a program, I always jog the Z-axis far above zero. Otherwise, as before, it's very likely to freeze up, which, again, means my zero will be compromised when I restore functionality.

I hope this is helpful.
jayrussellbhllc

Previous

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions