Intermittent Mach 3 Issue with Jogging and Running a Program

Forum for Discussing Mach3/4 related issues

Re: Intermittent Mach 3 Issue with Jogging and Running a Pro

Postby CL_MotoTech » Wed May 15, 2019 2:32 pm

You can always roll back your W10 updates to exclude the 1803 (i think) update and .066 will work again. That's what I've done.
CL_MotoTech

Postby jayrussellbhllc » Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 pm

I've switched the computer to a desktop running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and I still have all of the same issues.
jayrussellbhllc

Postby CL_MotoTech » Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm

With .066 or .062?
CL_MotoTech

Postby CL_MotoTech » Thu May 16, 2019 1:04 pm

The main reason I even posted is that I get a similar jogging issue on occasion. I am on .066 with W10, UC300eth. Every once in a while, if I switch from continuous jog to steps the machine won't move, no action on the DRO's despite attempting to jog. I have to cycle the estop a few times, then switch back to continuous and it moves, then I can switch to step and it works fine. I always assumed it was an issue with the Vista P4S plugin. Since it only happens occasionally and I can recover the machine I've never thought too much of it.
CL_MotoTech

Postby jayrussellbhllc » Fri May 17, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm pretty sure it's .062. ArtSoft doesn't have the latest build available on their website anymore because many other people are having issues with it.

The issue you just described is exactly what I have to do on my machine.
jayrussellbhllc

Postby ger21 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

You should be able to get .066 from the FTP site.

And there's even an .067 version here:
http://www.candcnc.net/images/Mach3Version3.043.067.zip

Not sure what's been changed in it.

Every version of Mach3 has bugs, with different versions having different bugs. It really makes no sense to keep using Mach3 with a CNC Drive controller, as UCCNC is much better.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby jayrussellbhllc » Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm not sure if my mill will even work with UCCNC. It's a MicroProto/Taig Tools DSLS 3000AB.
jayrussellbhllc

Postby CL_MotoTech » Wed May 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Unless there’s something unique about how your machine uses Mach 3 there is basically no reason why UCCNC wouldn’t work. It’s a lot like Mach 3, only modern, still receiving updates, and just better in a lot of ways. I stick with Mach 3 because I have a few probing routines from my screen set that are really valuable for backwards engineering various parts. As UCCNC’s probing screens are still in beta I haven’t yet made the switch, once they do a full release with those I’ll probably move to UCCNC permanently. I do plan to start more of a dedicated effort to migrate. I can say that the initial setup of UCCNC is a breeze, the configuration menus are just so much easier than Mach 3.
CL_MotoTech

Postby jayrussellbhllc » Fri May 24, 2019 1:39 pm

I'm just going on the fact that MicroProto/Taig Tools say to use Mach 3, and they ship the unit with a CD that has a configuration file that does everything for me when I drop it in the Mach 3 folder. From my communications with ArtSoft, these issues reside in the UC-100. Mach 3 works great, and is very simple for me to use. I have no desire to switch to a new software to get around bugs in a peripheral device that should be free from them. I can make due with the issues by doing some silly little "dance routines" with the mill that seem to prevent them from happening. However, the solution to this issue is not buying a new software.
jayrussellbhllc

Postby cncdrive » Fri May 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Interesting to hear about this kind of issue, I mean we have sold over 100 000 pcs of UC100 controllers over the last about 8 years and nobody ever reported this kind of issue. And we also do not see the issue when testing, this is why I'm suspecting that it is something in your system.

We only know about the G20/21 issue, but that appears only in a few versions of mach3 (not hte latest one) which versions for some reason works different from others, but since we do not see inside mach3 we can only guess about why those work different. (probably bugs)
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mach3/4 Discussions