Dolphin V10 CAM TURN with UCCNC

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Dolphin V10 CAM TURN with UCCNC

Postby Spuds » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:39 am

Good day folks.
Before I get in to posting pics and files, does anyone here use Dolphin V10 TURN with CNCDrive ?
I have an AXBBE working fine with a mill but using the Mach3 PP I'm getting reversed arcs at random it seems. Some arcs are good and some bad in the same file.
Rev arcs checked in Mach or not .... same thing. Nothing from the CAM works with either control, whatever I try.
Just arcs, all else looks great.
Thanks for any help,
Spuds
Spuds

Re: Dolphin V10 CAM TURN with UCCNC

Postby needleworks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:26 am

I had exactly the same problem buddy, after speaking with Andrej, I tried different PP's which seemed to help. I tried using standard fanuc post, and even linux turn post, both of them gave better results but there were still a few problems. I am using Mach3 Turn with the code generated in Cambam.
Have a look at the end of the thread "Turn Software Update" where Andrej explains it a bit better.
needleworks

Postby Spuds » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:57 pm

Hey thanks ! I tried several pp's too, found some better than others. Seems lead-in arcs and fillets are treated differently than a regular curve.
Takes a bit of tweaking the code, but wish it came out better.
I'll look at your suggested thread and work on it a bit more when I get a break.
Thanks again !
Spuds

Postby andrej » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:37 pm

Actually I am still having some issues, the linuxcnc PP works almost OK, but now trying a bit more complex shapes, like chess pawn and the arcs seem a bit weird. I will get some screenshots and make a new topic for it tomorrow if I have time.But simply put the arcs and curves in Fusion 360 are all nice and smooth with tangent constraints but in UCCNC software there are a lot of weird bumps where some of the arcs meet. Quick screenshot in attachement.
Attachments
UCCNC_Arcs.png
Arcs not correct
andrej

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)