Turn software update?

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Re: Turn software update?

Postby neodd70 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:03 pm

So I have tried a number of different posts processors including LinuxCNC and Mach3Turn. They will generate g-code that works but not 100%. For example I want to be able to use tool offsets which require a G43 H? whereas Mach3 uses T0101 the second 01 indicates the tool offset to use. Also need to have the ability to select G6 or G8 depending on if you are using radius or diameter as you cutting preference. Does anyone know how to modify an existing Post Processor to add these settings?
neodd70

Postby andrej » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:39 pm

neodd70 wrote:So I have tried a number of different posts processors including LinuxCNC and Mach3Turn. They will generate g-code that works but not 100%. For example I want to be able to use tool offsets which require a G43 H? whereas Mach3 uses T0101 the second 01 indicates the tool offset to use. Also need to have the ability to select G6 or G8 depending on if you are using radius or diameter as you cutting preference. Does anyone know how to modify an existing Post Processor to add these settings?

Did you find a solution? I used LinuxCNC PP for Fusion360 but it only outputs M6 Tx G43 and I need to add Hx after G43 manually to the generated gcode. Then it works fine and changes the XZ offsets according to tool table in UCCNC.

No idea how to add G43 Hx unfortunately...
andrej

Postby andrej » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:32 pm

Changed line 798 in linux cnc turning F360 PP code to:

Code: Select all
writeToolBlock("T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number), mFormat.format(6), conditional(tool.manualToolChange && !outputG43OnSeparateLine, gFormat.format(43)), "H" + toolFormat.format(tool.number));

It now outputs:

Code: Select all
N15 T1 M6 H1

Tested on lathe and it works fine. G7/G8 too.
andrej

Previous

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)