Turn software update?

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Turn software update?

Postby superuserg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:53 am

Is a UCCNC turn version in the pipeline yet, looks like UCCNC hasn't had an update since 2018 any news?
superuserg

Re: Turn software update?

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:02 am

2018??? Last update was 2 weeks ago.
Yes, it is in the pipeline, but I don't know when it will be ready for release.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby superuserg » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:35 am

Ohh sorry, @cncdrive I was looking at the changelog forum thread, last post was 2018.
How long have you guys been actively developing UCNC Turn?

I've been waiting to switch to UCCNC until you guys release UCCNCturn, I want all my machines to run the same software makes life easy.

Thank you for your time, have a great day.
superuserg

Postby cncdrive » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:03 am

Honestly, not long ago.
Currently the lathe specific screenset it being developed and after that the codes will be put behind the buttons and the required extra functions will be developed.
And one of my collegue is currently retrofitting an old EMCO CNC lathe.
Its control box is already done and a touchscreen was added etc.
But the wiring was not finished yet.

I will post a picture of the machine later.

So, it is hard to tell when will we finish the lathe version of the UCCNC, but at least you know that we are working on it. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby superuserg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:19 am

I appreciate your honestly, that's a rarity nowadays, especially with companies.
Just so happens my machines are Emco compact 5 pc lathes, in my opinion, a very good platform to prototype and develop your software on.

Please, keep us all updated on your development, I am sure there are a bunch of people like me very interested in helping test the software.
superuserg

Postby cncdrive » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:12 am

You will see when it will be available in the release notes, but I will also post into this forum thread then.
I guess then this lathe thread will become more busy.

And thank you for your offer with the help of testings, but you know first we will have to do tests ourselves before we could even release the functionality in development versions. And for that we have to finish the development and also the lathe prototype to run tests on.
It will definately take some time.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby CL_MotoTech » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 am

This is great news! I am building a lathe now and was totally on the fence about what hardware/software direction to go. I kept saying to myself, "if UCCNC had a lathe package I would go that way in a heartbeat!"

I will use my existing Mach 3 license for now, probably with a UC300eth-5lpt on my new lathe, then hope you guys get a lathe package out in the reasonable future. If I should go a different direction with hardware, please let me know.
CL_MotoTech

Postby markcadcam » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm

I too have a lathe project. I have a Hardinge HNC with an 8 position turret, currently running Deskcnc I want to update. I've been waiting on UCCNC lathe version for some time. I'm glad to hear there is progress being made. I have 2 mills and an plasma table running UCCNC and they work flawlessly. That's the reason I'm waiting on the lathe version. Thanks for your efforts!
markcadcam

Postby asuratman » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Is it possible released before end of this year ?
asuratman

Postby cncdrive » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:38 pm

No, that is impossible sorry.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)