Put my name on the list for lathe users

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Put my name on the list for lathe users

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:42 pm

So my lathe has been running with some old Gecko 340's I had laying around for years. They did fine for the bulk of the stuff I do which is in house items. I'm now branching out and doing more expensive things and it was time to upgrade the drives. And of course it didn't stop there:) So now I have 2 of my old Dugong drives with a C62 BOB and a UC-300 motion controller. My plan was to run the mach plugin until there is a UCCNC turn version. And that is still the plan until there is diameter mode at the least.

A word of warning though. The UC-300 USB plugin corrupts some of the DRO's in the built in turn wizards and renders them useless. Nothing is ever simple is it:)

Derek
Derek

Re: Put my name on the list for lathe users

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi Derek , UCCNC interferring with wizard DROs is odd because mach3 wizard DROS are unique to teh wizard not Mach3. You could also simply change teh DRO number in the wizard to something else. Just match teh code to teh new dro Number.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Re: Put my name on the list for lathe users

Postby Derek » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 am

Vmax549 wrote:Hi Derek , UCCNC interferring with wizard DROs is odd because mach3 wizard DROS are unique to teh wizard not Mach3. You could also simply change teh DRO number in the wizard to something else. Just match teh code to teh new dro Number.

(;-) TP

I thought it was strange too so I did a clean install of Mach, checked the wizard,then installed the plugin and the wizard was corrupted.

You could also simply

No Terry YOU could simply. You know it would take me a whole day just to figure out how to edit the DRO:)

Derek
Derek

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)