bed probing

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

bed probing

Postby toremick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi all!
Not sure this is the right sub group on this forum, but ill try.
Got a UC400ETH that i use on a home buildt engraving machine.
I only engrave 1.6mm plates where i engrave at a depth of around 0.55mm.

This works fine, but now there bed/spoiler board isnt completly even anymore.
So i wonder is there any support/plugin etc that would let me probe the the bed and save the height map.
And then it will automatically use the height map when i just load a new gcode file.

Have this on my 3d printer with a bltouch, so frankly i wonder if uccnc has any feature/plugin etc that will do the same.

--Tore
toremick

Re: bed probing

Postby dezsoe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Yes, there is. See Autoleveler plugin by Cahit.
dezsoe

Postby toremick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks! that looks genius!
looked at that plugin long time ago, it didnt have that saving functionality then, but now it does :)
toremick

Postby A_Camera » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:11 am

toremick wrote:Thanks! that looks genius!
looked at that plugin long time ago, it didnt have that saving functionality then, but now it does :)

Yes, but...

It is better to spend time on levelling the bed and squaring the machine. Using auto leveller when you KNOW your bed is not leveller is like sticking your head in the sand and pretending you are not there. Hiding problems is a very bad idea. Just stick the largest end mill you can use into the spindle and use your own machine to level the bed if you can't level it in any other way, and then level the spoil board on to of it. This must be done on a regular basis anyway, so auto leveller is not solving this issue. I mill PCB with 35um copper layer without auto leveller. For good results, the spoil board must be level milled after every PCB anyway due to the drill hole marks.
A_Camera

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software