Shipping Cost?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Shipping Cost?

Postby AngelArs » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:38 am

Why are shipping cost not shown on the CNCDrive website?
AngelArs

Re: Shipping Cost?

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 am

Because we have lots of oversized and overweight items, e.g. upto 4000mm ballscrews and linear rails which the webshop software can't calculate the shipping cost of.
It is even possible that some items with large sizes can't be shipped to some areas or special shipping service has to be ordered...
Also there are places which are hard to reach, e.g. places in deserts and on small islands which can cause extra shipping cost which the webshop software can't determinate and can't calculate.

For these reasons shipping cost calculations and automatic payments are disabled in our webshop.
All orders are manually checked and processed.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby AngelArs » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:20 pm

So you're punishing everyone for a few large items? Wouldn't it make more sense to have those large items notated saying something like "Shipping cost on oversized and overweight items cannot be shown at time of ordering. Contact us if you need this information" or "If you're located in a hard to reach place shipping cost cannot be calculated at time of ordering". Etc. Most people don't like to write a blank check when they buy things, as some websites charge over inflated shipping costs. I know I will not be ordering several items from CNCdrive because I won't know the final pricing on them before shipment. I will still buy the motion controller from CNCdrive, just not from your website. The other items that I was going to purchase from CNCdrive I will simply buy from other venders. Just wanted you to understand why.

CNCdrive makes great products, but unfortunately because of the shipping cost issue I can't support them as much as I'd like to.
AngelArs

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Nobody is punished. If you place an order then you will get an invoice which you may decide to pay or not to pay.
If you pay it then we ship if not then we don't, plain simple.

I also forgot to to mention that because we have many distributors around the world there are cases when we just pass orders to distributors which is likely to happen if you purchase our electric products only, then when we see that the shipping cost is high or the shipping time is high and if we have a distributor shop in the region then we pass the order to the distributor shop and they check their local shipping cost and fullfilling the order without our further interaction.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby andrewbishop66 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:27 pm

I must admit they issue an invoice first for you to pay so no blank checks and have found the shipping costs to be fair to the uk

Thanks andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Ofcourse no "Blank checks". As mentioned in my first post automatic payments are disabled so when you place an order you are never charged and we manually process your order and only after that will you get an invoice which will include the shipping cost and then is when you can actually pay.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby AngelArs » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:39 pm

cncdrive wrote: If you place an order then you will get an invoice which you may decide to pay or not to pay.

Thank you for that information! The way your website is set up it doesn't give the impression that the customer will be given any chance to see the final pricing before shipment.

I must say that you're doing yourself a big disservice by labeling the invoice button "Place Order". If it was relabeled something more correct like "Calculate Invoice" or "Send for invoice" then it wouldn't give the impression that you're just going to charge whatever and send the product out.

Now that I know this I will be placing my entire order though your site, but I'm sure that others that don't know about the invoicing will make the same mistake that I did. Thanks for your explanation.
AngelArs

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm

The webshop software currently used is not very advanced as it is more than 10years old.
And since we found no webshop software on the market which offered all the things we wanted and which software could handle everything automatically,
we asked a software developer company to develop a webshop software with the things which we thought about.
Unfortunately they did not take the job serious enough and could not complete the development in 12 months, so we had to finally open contract and were left without a new webshop software. :(
Currently we still keep looking for a suitable software which will fullfill all of the special requirements we have... it is not as easy as you may think, because if we will change webshop software and so the order handling procedures then we want to get a kind of a "final" solution not only half solutions, so our requirements from the webshop software is kind of high and as said non of the commercially available webshop softwares which we looked at so far (and we've checked lots of) have all the functions we need, so we still looking for the solution. If we will find it then the order procedure will become more comfortable and our job easier.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software