Jog Safe Probe

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Jog Safe Probe

Postby epracefan@gmail.com » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Please explain the function/purpose of "Jog Safe Probe". I've searched the forum and read the user manual but can't find anything on that button. I've found references to it, but not what it actually does.

Thanks,
Ed
epracefan@gmail.com

Re: Jog Safe Probe

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm

The jog safe probe function inhibits the jogging of the jogged axis or axes to the direction of the jogging when the probe input becomes active and it keeps the jogging disabled of those axis or axes and to that direction until the probe input becomes inactive. All other axes jogging is still enabled.
The purpose of the function is to protect the probe sensor from damage when the tool is a probe sensor and you jogging around with the machine, so if you hit the table or workpiece with the probe then the jogging to the jog direction gets disabled protecting the probe tool from bending and damaging.
One more thing is that if the safe jog probe mode becomes active when the probe input is already active then all the axes all jogging directions get disabled, because in this case it is unknown which direction can the probe be jogged safely.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Also if your probe macro does not have a pull back then you can't jog away with JSP activated. It's handy if you are positioning the probe in a tight area. I usually tick it on, position, then tick it off to probe.
Derek

Postby epracefan@gmail.com » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:30 am

Thanks for the explanation and comment.

Ed
epracefan@gmail.com

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software