UCCNC - Software update or new version

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCCNC - Software update or new version

Postby deancnc » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:06 am

Silly question - one I can 1/2 answer myself with this question

Is UCCNC software moving forward?

I jump on board after Mach3 had more bugs than a flea bitten mut, and Mach4 was too green to consider as a option ... so have been a fan for awhile, just quietly in the corner.

I've just finished a new machine build (might have taken 2 years of weekends to get here) but she is done. It is just a standard gantry mill with Servo's, ATC and UC400 controller. Just a small unit with a workspace of 800mx500mm,400mm. It weighs 1,100Kg and was a home made granite concrete build.

I down loaded a the latest copy of the software and started configuring away when I bumped in to an issue with slave axes on Y - where it would not home properly in the homing cycle. I would firs do Z, then Y, then X then C (the slave). I had found in the past that if you config every thing at once then sometimes some of the settings don't take hold until you close and restart the software. It was at this point I went hang on I've got the same version of software that is on the old machine 1.2113 which was downloaded in 2020 - it stood out as that was the beginnings of the Covid madness here. I just though ok maybe I copied it not down loaded the latest version - but no it is the same

1/2 of me says well it works - so no issue - but the other goes things are moving on and some of the limits I'm hitting are a pain in the butt (Like the Servos I'm using are 5kw 4000rpm for each axes - with out using software gearing, I'm running out of steps at 400khz do drive the suckers, and yes I could Modbus them but that is another layer of fun I don't want to get into. And Yes my machine is accurate at 0.001mm I have Dual-nut 32mm ball screws and all axes but Z and 45mm rails everywhere )

This not a Mach4 v UNCNC thing either - I think Mach4 is not a step up, just sideways with more "hmm that is strange" type ponding

If I was to put up a wish list - I had the some time to do a project with a Datron Neo - and the software was just smart. Yest the machine came with a $100k price tag, and Apples and watermelons type comparison. but the visuals where great, and the tough screen with the camera to find the edge was a real life time saver.

Sooo - Is there a next version planed - or at lest a bug release ?
deancnc

Re: UCCNC - Software update or new version

Postby ger21 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:39 am

This thread has all the test releases.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240

The latest version, 1.2116, has a lot of new features, and has a few bugs.
You probably want to go with 1.2115 right now, at least until 1.2117 is released.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:30 pm

As Gerry answered there is a Development release topic in the forum.
We post dev. releases there and if we find that a dev. release is stable (time is required for that to get feedback from users) then we move that to stable release version.
Latest release was 1.2116 happened a few months ago and we now working on 1.2117 as 1.2116 has a few bugs because there are lots of new features in it like lathe functionalities, so it is basically impossible to release a bugless version when so many new features are packed into the software.
Hopefully 1.2117 will be out in a few weeks, we working hard on it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby fsli » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:39 pm

cncdrive wrote:we move that to stable release version

Which is the current stable release?

When going to this page https://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html, it states .2113 is the current version. However, that version was released in February 2020. Have there been no other stable releases in the past four years?
Frank
fsli

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 pm

That is the latest stable release, however 1.2115 is also stable, so as soon as 1.2117 will be out then we will put in 1.2115 as stable.
Then hopefully 1.2117 will be stable enough to make it the next stable release, or if not then it will be 1.2118.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Makingtoothpicks » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:26 pm

That is the latest stable release, however 1.2115 is also stable,
Where is the download for this version.

Thank You
Makingtoothpicks

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:42 am

Ger21 posted the link above.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby deancnc » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:19 pm

hmm - maybe we need to update the link on the main https://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html page?

as this is where most folk will wonder off to download from?
deancnc

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software