Z axis tool length sensor

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Z axis tool length sensor

Postby optik8 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:18 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to connect this type of tool for the Z axis to my AXBB-E, there are 4 wires, do you think I can do it? Because I don't understand how and where to connect this to the card...

Thank you for your help and have a nice day everyone.

Bonjour a tous, je voudrais brancher ce type d'outil pour l'axe Z sur ma AXBB-E, il y a 4 fils a votre avis je peux le faire ? Car je ne comprends pas comment et ou brancher cela sur la carte ...

Merci de votre aide et bonne journée a tous
Attachments
vvvvv.png
optik8

Re: Z axis tool length sensor

Postby ger21 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:30 pm

In the AXBB-E manual, see page 24 or 25, using the brown and black wires. Depends on if it's NC or NO.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby crjohnson » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:03 pm

I have the same sensor and only connected the brown+black wires. I'm certain you can add the others were safety but I have never needed them. Its works perfect as is.
crjohnson

Postby optik8 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:16 am

Merci pour vos réponses je reçois ce bidule demain je teste et je vous dis si ça fonctionne !

Thank you for your answers, I will receive this thing tomorrow, I will test it and I will tell you if it works!
optik8

Postby iOne » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:57 am

I would recommend you to also connect the Green and White wires to the E-Stop. I had a situation where I was probing with UCCNC and the machine decided to plunge on to the probe instead of my usual "pause before probing". The E-stop wires saved the probe and bit from getting destroyed.
iOne

Postby optik8 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:42 pm

I didn't pay attention, the device is normally open instead of normally closed. I returned it and I'm going to order another one....I'll tell you how it works when I have the right one.

j'ai pas fais attention l'appareil est un normalement ouvert au lieu de normalement fermé je l'ai renvoyé et je vais en commander un autre....je vous dirait comment ça fonctionne quand j'aurais le bon.
optik8

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software