Z Homing Issue

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Z Homing Issue

Postby wmgeorge » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:40 pm

This is going to drive me to drink.

Machine all set up Axis in correct direction and etc. I know how Homing is suppose to work and I have NC switches on all Home and Limit are using the same switch. Y has A as a Slave, Drive A has its own input just for Home. If I set up X, Z and Y and A to TEST the x goes to its switch and pulls off like its suppose to do. But Z faults as below.
But I really want is the Z, X, Y-A as normally you would do, working.

Here is what happens. Z moves up hits the switch on the top and starts to move down to do the pull off, But what happens next is it goes right back up and hits that same switch again which has now became a Home not a Limit ... Maybe it thinks its now the X. At that point I hit Stop or Reset before it crashes.

Changed the pull off from 10 like the others to 100, enabled debounce, even changed out the Z switch. Zero nothing no change. I have had other machines setup and it works fine, that was with Warp9 . What am I missing??
wmgeorge

Re: Z Homing Issue

Postby wmgeorge » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:10 am

After thinking about it, I am going to Save my Profile file someplace safe and uninstall the program. Download a fresh install and go from there. My guess there is some sort of error in this Homing Routine.
wmgeorge

Postby Delco » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:46 am

No you are pulling off positive not negative like a Z needs to , change it to -10 going +10 would move the spindle up 10mm past the limit switch.
Delco

Postby wmgeorge » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:59 pm

Delco wrote:No you are pulling off positive not negative like a Z needs to , change it to -10 going +10 would move the spindle up 10mm past the limit switch.

I don't understand its going UP to hit the switch and then after it makes the switch it starts down away from it. Then it starts back up again? I will try what you suggested anyway but don't get why.
wmgeorge

Postby wmgeorge » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:02 pm

Delco wrote:No you are pulling off positive not negative like a Z needs to , change it to -10 going +10 would move the spindle up 10mm past the limit switch.

I did so and it worked perfectly! I put back all the other stuff I had entered and it did a test file in the Air and it was fine. Thank you, thank you!! :)
wmgeorge

Postby ger21 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:00 pm

wmgeorge wrote:

I don't understand its going UP to hit the switch and then after it makes the switch it starts down away from it. Then it starts back up again? I will try what you suggested anyway but don't get why.

After it hits the switch, it starts to back off until the switch opens. Once the switch opened, it was trying to move up 10 units like you told it to.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software