very new to UCCNC (interpreted as zero experience) - UC300E

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

very new to UCCNC (interpreted as zero experience) - UC300E

Postby twedlake » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:10 pm

hey folks.. coming from several years of GRBL and a hobby machine so excuse the UCCNC ignorance up front please.

Bought a CNC4Newbie c4n4848tk.
gecko 540 stepper driver
uc300ETH-5LPT
using the usb to rs485 to control huanyang 2.2kw
Just about got all wiring configurations done for everything and about ready to fire up the up UCCNC software and install license, set IP, and connect to UC300 for the first time.

I would like to know if anyone can share info, screenshots, etc of the configuration screens within UCCNC for the UC300ETH-5LPT specifically. There doesn't seem to be much out there for this configuration although I read everywhere it's a better, "future proof" setup than that of the UCCNC and UC100 setup. Any guidance is appreciated.

Todd
twedlake

Re: very new to UCCNC (interpreted as zero experience) - UC3

Postby ger21 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:54 am

The configuration settings will depend on how you wire you're G540. You basically enter the port and pin numbers used by the G540 for the appropriate functions. You'll be using port 2 or 3 for the G540. It's basically just entering the pin numbers for step and direction pins, and any switches you might be using.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby twedlake » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:33 pm

ger21 wrote:The configuration settings will depend on how you wire you're G540. You basically enter the port and pin numbers used by the G540 for the appropriate functions. You'll be using port 2 or 3 for the G540. It's basically just entering the pin numbers for step and direction pins, and any switches you might be using.

Gerry, I'm going to revive this old thread as I decided back then (too much of a headache getting this machine up and running) to simply use the UC100 that came with the machine.

I just had a VFD fail so while waiting on new one, decided to go ahead and replace the UC100 with the UC300ETH 5lpt

Currently I only have 3 wires connected to g540 from the motors.

Pin1 = X
Pin2 = Y
Pin3 = Z
Pin10 = Estop
Pin11 = +vdc
Pin12 = -vdc

I have the uc300eth configured and communicating so no issue there.
Also have the ribbon cable plugged into port 2 of the UC300ETH

So am I understanding this correctly as having to configure UCCNC 1.2114 Axis tabs as the following for UC300ETH to G540 configuration:

X Axis Step - Port2, Pin2
X Axis Dir - Port2, Pin3
Y Axis Step - Port2, Pin4
Y Axis Dir - Port2, Pin5
Z Axis Step - Port2, Pin6
Z Axis Dir - Port2, Pin7
A Axis Step - Port2, Pin8 (slave Y)
A Axis Dir - Port2, Pin9 (slave Y)

is it that simple? obviously I know I might to select Hi/Low depending on movement..
twedlake

Postby twedlake » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:24 pm

twedlake wrote:
ger21 wrote:The configuration settings will depend on how you wire you're G540. You basically enter the port and pin numbers used by the G540 for the appropriate functions. You'll be using port 2 or 3 for the G540. It's basically just entering the pin numbers for step and direction pins, and any switches you might be using.

Gerry, I'm going to revive this old thread as I decided back then (too much of a headache getting this machine up and running) to simply use the UC100 that came with the machine.

I just had a VFD fail so while waiting on new one, decided to go ahead and replace the UC100 with the UC300ETH 5lpt

Currently I only have 3 wires connected to g540 from the motors.

**EDIT** not from motors, meant from limit switches.
Pin1 = X limit/homing switch
Pin2 = Y limit/homing switch
Pin3 = Z limit/homing switch
Pin10 = Estop
Pin11 = +vdc
Pin12 = -vdc

I have the uc300eth configured and communicating so no issue there.
Also have the ribbon cable plugged into port 2 of the UC300ETH

So am I understanding this correctly as having to configure UCCNC 1.2114 Axis tabs as the following for UC300ETH to G540 configuration:

X Axis Step - Port2, Pin2
X Axis Dir - Port2, Pin3
Y Axis Step - Port2, Pin4
Y Axis Dir - Port2, Pin5
Z Axis Step - Port2, Pin6
Z Axis Dir - Port2, Pin7
A Axis Step - Port2, Pin8 (slave Y)
A Axis Dir - Port2, Pin9 (slave Y)

is it that simple? obviously I know I might to select Hi/Low depending on movement..
twedlake

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software