Modbus Master and Haunyang GT series Inverter

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Modbus Master and Haunyang GT series Inverter

Postby valhallaCNC » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:44 pm

I have a 4KW GT series inverter with a 2.2KW spindle, that I am able to control with Modbus Master and an auto-run macro. I can Start, Stop, and Reset VFD by Modbus. I also get Voltage, Current, Speed, Power-KW, and Torque Information updated to the Screen. I have this running on Ver. 1.2113, and have not tested it with other versions, I believe it will run on other versions and other VFD's by just changing some parameters in the macro. If anyone is interested I am willing to post my macros, if anyone is interested. The macro is fully documented with VFD Settings, Modbus settings, and UCCNC screen changes, and alot of comments. Anyone that wants to test it on other VFD and Versions, would be interested in feedback and any changes to the macro, I'm not a pro at macro writing and would welcome critique of code or recommended changes.
valhallaCNC

Re: Modbus Master and Haunyang GT series Inverter

Postby Blaise » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:08 pm

I am very interested! I have the ten KW HuanYang VFD. It will be at least a few months before I can make any tests but I would love to have a look at the code!

Thanks!

- Blaise
Blaise

Postby Greolt » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:36 am

I would be interested to take a look at what you have done.

Presently with a Hitachi VFD I only control on/off (clockwise) and speed or RPM.

Recently upgraded my spindle to 3hp up from 2hp. Still using the same 2hp VFD.

I have a 3hp VFD sitting there but so far have been too lazy to go through all the setup and learning again.

Perhaps with a large tool or heavy cut I will run into this limitation but so far all has been OK.

So just for now I would like to monitor amps via the modbus connection. See how near the edge of disaster I am running. :)
Greolt

Postby valhallaCNC » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:07 pm

I made a small change , and am testing it out. As soon as I am sure its OK i will get it out. Thanks
valhallaCNC

Postby Battwell » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:55 pm

i had one of the early gt series vfds running on modbus no problem after a few solder link swaps to make it "standard".
did you have to do this on the current model?

i rarely use modbus for vfds but am always interested in testing every part of all the vfds i bench test etc.
still to do sako and fuling. ( i have both here)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby valhallaCNC » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:03 pm

I bought my GT Over a year ago. After changing settings to accept modbus P0.01 = 2, P0.07 = 7 and matching communication settings PC.00 - .06 . It worked right away, worked great with USB adapter and then I switched to Ethernet adapter. No jumper changes everything the way it was sent . So far its been a great VFD.
valhallaCNC

Postby valhallaCNC » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:05 pm

Here are the two macros, I use these daily without a problem. read the comments in the macro they explain everything. As with any new macro please test thoroughly before you implement them. These macro's are just a part of my control, This is not part of my safety control. On any fault AXBB side or VFD side or even software or comm failure everything goes to E-stop. All motion stops . Hope it helps, if you have improvements or changes please post them.
Attachments
M3.txt
(1 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
M20002.txt
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
valhallaCNC

Postby Greolt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:56 am

Thanks valhallaCNC

There were enough comments in your code to be helpful even though I did not use any of the code.

Managed to get the amps draw from the VFD via modbus. Took a while but got there. :)

Then more time spent trying to write the code in the macroloop to display that value in a DRO on screen.

Much trial and error but got there in the end.

Thanks
Greolt

Postby eclsnowman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you for the very detailed explanation in your code comments. Using this was the first time I was ever able to get Modbus Master working. Before this I had been using the EZ version but always wanted status feedback. If I can make a suggestion for other novices it would be a tiny bit more detail on the UptospeedLED screen editing, and the M20002 macroloop. I got them figured out with trial and error, but since you did such a good job commenting everything else, this would help greatly.

The only thing I don't know is how to modify this for M4 (CCW) operation. Do you have any advice for that? I know 99% of all the tooling you would ever run will g CW. But it would be nice to have M3 and M4 working after this update.

Ohh, while I am at it, do you have a screenshot of where you placed the VFD status info on your screenset? (current, speed, power, torque, etc). I am having trouble figuring out a good location for this info.

Thanks again for putting the work in on this.
eclsnowman

Postby valhallaCNC » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Glad it worked out for you. I have not tested the M4 macro so please do your testing , it is basically the same as the M3. As far as where you had some trouble, post your thoughts to clarify it. My screen-set is totally modified my placement will be not be helpful to you at all.
Attachments
M4.txt
(979 Bytes) Downloaded 363 times
valhallaCNC

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software