tool change method if 2 milling (or more)

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

tool change method if 2 milling (or more)

Postby patgabatch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello, a practical question for a beginner, after having completed the construction, then setting the limit switches and the home all return as well as machine coordinates I now move on to the creation of the G code and my problem is as follows. What is the method for performing a tool change when there are 2 milling operations? Thanks for your help
CDT Patrick
patgabatch

Re: tool change method if 2 milling (or more)

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm

You have to know the difference between the 2 tools. All depends on which version of UCCNC do you use. In 1.2108 and later there is a probe screen which helps you.
dezsoe

Postby patgabatch » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:32 am

hello, I am using the latest version.
After research, I realized that it was necessary to approve the tool change in the software (M6), that this also had to be entered in the post process of fusion360. These maneuvers carried out, I block for the moment when the program is in progress, arrived at M6, the Z exceeds the upper limit and the limit switch activates the blocking. I am therefore looking for the way to modify the height of the Z in the macro in order to continue the rest of the tool change
CDT
patgabatch

Postby dezsoe » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:14 am

The latest version can be 1.2111 (stable) or 1.2113 (development), so I still don't know your version. :) See Help/About page.

M6 is for automatic tool change. The installed M6 is a sample code to begin with.

You can simply stop and wait for tool change (2nd option). How do you measure the tool length? Do you have an electric tool sensor or do you use the paper sheet method?
dezsoe

Postby patgabatch » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:56 am

hello again, so I am using version 1.2111.
and if I understand correctly given my degree of knowledge I drop the macro M6 for the moment and the example given in the software is an example.
for the tool, I use the electric version with its icon on the Run page
and in this case how to do? when setting up the first tool, the dimension of the latter is taken into account and a goto 0 gives me its position. how to do for the 2nd since X and Y have their coordinates and if I perform the manipulation for the tool, the goto 0 will cancel all the coordinates.
patgabatch

Postby dezsoe » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:03 pm

First you have to do 2 measurements: the top of the workpiece and a point on the table. Save (write down) the difference. Do the job with the first tool, then change tool. Measure on the table again and modify the result with the difference: you can go on with the 2nd tool.
dezsoe

Postby patgabatch » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 am

Hello and thank you for answering me. I confess that I do not understand your method. sorry to impose the following on you.

This is the way I do it. I bring my spindle to a defined point of the rough X and Y to 0, with my touch plate I take stock with my tool, this gives me a coordinate, a goto 0 puts my Z also at 0 and I run my Gcode. Arrived at the tool change, I find myself with coordinates for X and Y. if I launch a procedure again for my 2nd tool I thus obtain a new coordinate for Z but this time I cannot do goto 0 otherwise I return to the point of origin (X = 0, Y = 0 and Z = 0). How do I make only my Z axis go to goto 0 ??
CDT
Patrick
patgabatch

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software