Breakout Board Software Configuration

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Breakout Board Software Configuration

Postby logisticsjoe » Sun May 10, 2020 6:15 am

Hello, I am new to the forum and I have a kind of basic config question. I have a fair understanding of CNC controller boards and software. Have setup a few different systems in the past but I was able to find clear setup/config instructions for those systems. I haven't found that yet for UCCNC. I have gone over the hardware and software user manuals, searched youtube and Google before asking but I am still unclear on some basic points. The one I am stuck on right now is in setting up the axises. Attached please find my starting wiring diagram for the controller and breakout board and also screenshots from UCCNC.

I am not sure where I need to run the positive Step and Dir leads from the drives. I currently have them run to an output pin on the breakout board and I thought maybe that could be addressed in the config under "Current hi/lo" pin which wasn't a very clear description for me. Signal direction maybe? Anyways, I haven't configured the drives correctly. I would appreciate a push in the right direction on this and any advice you may have for a good resource for simple straight forward config/setup instructions.

Thank you kindly,
Joe
Attachments
screenshots.pdf
(387.96 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
CNC Wiring diagram.pdf
(716.38 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
logisticsjoe

Re: Breakout Board Software Configuration

Postby ger21 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:45 pm

You wire it as shown on page 10 of the UCBB manual, to the 5V terminal.
There are no port and pin numbers for the 5V, just the step and direction.

5V.JPG
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby logisticsjoe » Mon May 11, 2020 7:26 am

thank you for your speedy response. There is only one 5v. out connection on the board that I see. I thought it was to power the 300 board that requires 5v. in. I will switch it up and run eight wires out from the one connector to the +Pulse and +Direction on the four drives.
logisticsjoe

Postby ger21 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:51 am

Run one wire from the breakout board to a terminal strip to distribute the power.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software