UCCNC Licence?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCCNC Licence?

Postby mcmec » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the licence of UCCNC.

1. I believe the software can be used freely within a computer but needs to be linked to a UC Controller? What happens if, say ,I buy a different UC controller (move from a UC100 to UC300) and want to swap the licence to go with the new controller, that can it be done?
2. If I need to replace my UC controller for any reason can the licence be transferred (similar to above but covers more possibilities).
mcmec

Re: UCCNC Licence?

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:14 pm

1.) You need to buy a new license key for the new motion controller. Except if the old motion controller got broken and is no more useable, then you can ship that one back to us for demolition or you can demolish it yourself with e.g. drilling a hole into it's microcontroller chip with keeping the serial number visible and sending us a photo and the new serial number and then we send you a new license key for free of charge.

2.) Same as in point 1.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Zadig » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Good questions and interesting answers - worth knowing.
Zadig

Postby alkis01 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi CNCdrive
I am in a similar situation, I just burned my AXBB-E (power supply failed and send more volts to the 5V input) and I want to order a new one from one of your resellers.

So once I drill the hole on the existing AXBB-E can I send the photo to you directly or do I need to go through your reseller to get my licence corrected?
alkis01

Postby cncdrive » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Yes.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software