Hod Do I ?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Hod Do I ?

Postby beefy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:31 am

needleworks wrote:Thanks beefy, that is exactly what I am trying to do. As I have already homed the machine, the Z axis is at the top of it's travel, the only way the Z axis can go after that is down. All my values are correct for going to "Park 1" , the only thing I am trying to achieve is to change the order in which the axis move. For example, where it says in the Macro :-

double parkZ = 100;
double parkX = 0;
double parkY = 0;

can I simply change this order to this, where the Z axis will move last :-

double parkX = 0;
double parkY = 0;
double parkZ = 100;

I'm "almost" sure I had it running this way before but I just can't remember how I done it.

Ha ha, I can tell you've had zippo to do with programming.

No, "double parkZ = 100;" for example is a variable declaration, not a C# command, so the order of variable declaration does not affect anything.

"double" is the type of variable. "parkZ" is the variable name. " = 100" is giving the variable an initial value of 100. The semicolon terminates that C# statement.

Look at the stock standard M200 macro, and then look at this modified one I've just done. I've added a few extra comments to help you understand a little more. Note I've added a 4th variable declaration for "parkZ_finish", and to make things clearer I've renamed "parkZ" to "parkZ_start". Carefully read through the code and you may get some idea of what's happening.

If your Z home position is zero then make "parkZ_start" equal to zero. Basically, if Z is homed, nothing will happen because Z is already at that position, BUT..............imagine if you wanted to use PARK1 and you'd forgot to home. Automatically Z will travel first to zero (if that's your Z home position).

Code: Select all
// Go to Park position 1 macro

double parkZ_start = 100;
double parkX = 0;
double parkY = 0;
double parkZ_finish = 0;

if(!exec.GetLED(56)||!exec.GetLED(57)||!exec.GetLED(58)) // If machine was not homed then it is unsafe to move in machine coordinates, stop here...
{
  MessageBox.Show("The machine was not yet homed, home the machine before run to parking position!");
  exec.Stop();
  return;
}

int originalmodalmode = exec.actualmodal; // remember the modal mode

while(exec.IsMoving()){}

// FIRST MOVE COMMAND - MOVE Z TO "parkZ" position
exec.Code("G00 G53 Z"+ parkZ_start); // Move Z up first to park1 Z position
while(exec.IsMoving()){}

// SECOND MOVE COMMAND - MOVE XY TO "parkX" and "parkY" co-ordinates
exec.Code("G00 G53 X" + parkX +" Y" + parkY); // Move to XY park1 position
while(exec.IsMoving()){}

// THIRD MOVE COMMAND - MOVE Z TO FINAL POSITION
exec.Code("G00 G53 Z"+ parkZ_finish); // Move Z position desired after XY moves
while(exec.IsMoving()){}

exec.Code("G" + originalmodalmode); // Set system back to the original distance mode

If you like the thought of having the power to change stuff like this (took me just a few minutes to modify that macro), then I recommend learning a bit of C programming. Once you get the basics of that, you can move onto C# but C alone will give you a lot of understanding of what's happening in macros. Seriously it puts a real evil grin on your face when you can do that stuff.
Last edited by beefy on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
beefy

Postby needleworks » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:40 am

Ha ha, I can tell you've had zippo to do with programming.

No experience whatsoever mate :? I just managed to do a little in Mach3 but even that was sketchy to say the least.

Many thanks for your assistance though mate, much appreciated indeed.
needleworks

Postby needleworks » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am

Big Thanks to beefy for the help, I got a chance yesterday to use his modified macro and after adding my values I just clicked on "Park 1" and it done "exactly" what I wanted it to do :D :D :D

Once again mate, big thanks to you.
needleworks

Postby beefy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:54 am

Ha ha, happy to see you happy.

Would I be wrong in guessing you are an Aussie ??

Keith
beefy

Postby needleworks » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:47 am

beefy wrote:Ha ha, happy to see you happy.

Would I be wrong in guessing you are an Aussie ??

Keith

Scotiish I'm afraid :)
needleworks

Postby beefy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm originally from Newcastle area.

I worked with you guys off Aberdeen. Yous would say that because I'm not too far from the Scottish border, I'm half OK. I'd be describes as a Scotsman with his head bashed in :lol:
beefy

Postby doncraig » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Sorry to raise this thread again but I am having a deal of trouble with the P1 and P2 buttons. I have loaded the macro that beefy posted and the machine still does what it wants.
I have a Stepcraft 420 V1 UCCNC and UC100 controller. I am very new to all this and need a lot of help.
Whatever I put into the macro the Z axis lowers until it hits the base, I have to hit the Estop to prevent it.
I feel very frustrated that when I try a fix that seems to work for someone it never seems to work for me.
Please help.
Don W
doncraig

Postby doncraig » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi a newbie here needing some info.
I have tried to use the macro that beefy posted but when I press the P1 (or P2) the Z axis just lowers until it jams on the base. Where have I gone wrong ??
Any help please.
Don W
doncraig

Postby doncraig » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:56 pm

I received a fix from Rory. Thanks again.
Don W
doncraig

Postby albert2NB » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Sorry to raise this thread again but I am having a deal of trouble with the P1 and P2 buttons. I have loaded the macro that beefy posted and the machine still does what it wants.
I have a Stepcraft 420 V1 UCCNC and UC100 controller. I am very new to all this and need a lot of help.
Whatever I put into the macro the Z axis lowers until it hits the base, I have to hit the Estop to prevent it.
I feel very frustrated that when I try a fix that seems to work for someone it never seems to work for me.
Please help.

I'm facing the same issues right now. Did you fix it somehow?
albert2NB

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software