JOG Pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: JOG Pendant

Postby RWC » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Very cool ... good job !
Now ... (I just gotta see that macro :D ) :?:
:D
Thanks TP,
Russ
:mrgreen:
RWC

Postby Vmax549 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi Russ , It would be easy to TEST the stability of the analog value in UCCNC.

Start with a 5v signal and add a resistor to bring it down to what ever voltage level you want to test at.

Then create a macro loop to monitor teh analog value over time. You could write teh values to a log file so that you could SEE any diviation and what level of diviations might occur over time.

You could also use 2 channels to show what teh original volt level is (5v) and another channel to show the test volt level (1v or 1/2 volt)

THEN you would know for sure (;-) UCCNC is VERY handy for things like this.

OR maybe someone could write a simple plotting routine plugin to show it as a plot over time.

IF you bring out the values as a CSV file then you could import it into a spreadsheet and plot it out from there.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby RWC » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi,
I can also monitor the analog inputs at the bottom rt. of the diagnostic page.
The manual doesn't describe it though. (everything except) :?
Using four 1K resistors in series I get the following 5 digit representations for each position. (only using 1 channel.)
The highest being direct to 5V. (they are not in any particular order in the pic. )

What does this 5 digit value actually represent ? I was expecting the actual voltage. :roll:
The values only waiver by about +/- 15 ..... then settle in and become a bit more steady. I imagine temperature will cause a slight variation as well, but well within a set tolerance in a macro ?
Thanks
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 11 13.41.jpg
RWC

Postby cncdrive » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm

From where did you get those values?
In the UCCNC the analog value is represented as a 16bit number (0-65535 values) for the 0-100% input range.
So, it has to be your macro who converts the values to the format you got in that file.

Temperature variation can cause a drift in the -40 to +125°C range, if I recall it is +-3 low significant bits maximum, but I can look it up in the microcontroller datasheet which has the AD converter built in...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Vmax549 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Those number are what UCCNC displays for teh analog input values . They are 16 bit values of teh voltage apparently.

I would have thought UCCNC would have displayed them in volt values seeing the input was in volts (0-5v). To get Voltage values divide that number by 13107 (65535/5v).

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby RWC » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:28 pm

cncdrive wrote:From where did you get those values?

Hi, those are displayed on the diagnostics screen, lower RIGHT corner.... and are updated regularly. At what preset frequency, I do not know. There is no macro necessary, it is "in there".
Thanks,
Russ
RWC

Postby RWC » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Vmax549 wrote:Those number are what UCCNC displays for teh analog input values . They are 16 bit values of teh voltage apparently.

I would have thought UCCNC would have displayed them in volt values seeing the input was in volts (0-5v). To get Voltage values divide that number by 13107 (65535/5v).

(;-) TP

Thanks TP .
That comes out to "pert dang neer" rock solid !
I think I can trust that ...... thanks ;)
Might be able to come up with other uses for this.
In series with a momentary button, could greatly expand the I/O .... for other certain functions. :)
Russ
RWC

Postby renotec » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Is it possible someone give me step by step instruction to change port / pin M25020 & M25021 ?
My X, Y, Z, A (no B, C) selection port & pin are ;
X = port 5, pin 4
Y = port 5, pin 5
Z = port 5, pin6
A = port 5, pin7

I changed M25020 as follow but not working.

// =============== Inputs - Port, pin, negate

const int portMPGX = 5;
const int pinMPGX = 4;
const bool negMPGX = false;

const int portMPGY = 5;
const int pinMPGY = 5;
const bool negMPGY = false;

const int portMPGZ = 5;
const int pinMPGZ = 6;
const bool negMPGZ = false;

const int portMPGA = 5;
const int pinMPGA = 7;