JOG Pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

JOG Pendant

Postby RWC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:43 pm

HI folks.
I have a pendant from an unknown donor. It's pretty basic.
It has an MPG, and 2 selectors.
One selects 1, 10, 100
The other selects X, Y, Z, A
There are 12 (I think) conductors to a plug that I'll likely cut off.
Basically (for now) what is required to get this integrated into my AXBB and UCCNC ?
I didn't see much from a search other than a lot about a wireless outfit.
Thanks for any direction,
Russ :)
RWC

Re: JOG Pendant

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Nothing is required to make it work except connecting it to the motion controller inputs and configuring it in the UCCNC. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby RWC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 pm

As easy as connecting the axis selector to functions ?
and the step rate increment function respects the mpg input ? (just doesn't say MPG in the description) ?

Looks simple enough !
Maybe, even "I" can do it. ;)
Thanks
:)
Attachments
rate.jpg
eye-0.jpg
RWC

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:31 pm

There are the MPG pins on the I/O setup page. And the buttons etc. you select where you showed on the printscreen.
The increment selection knob is a bit more tricky, because it will not trigger when you start the software, because the knob is not changing the input state.
One way to resolve this issue is to wire a PWM signal through the knob instead of a fixed voltage, e.g. the charge pump PWM is fine for this purpose and then it will update the knob continously, so the selection will update to the actual value on software start.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Use the following macros as macroloop with auto run. You need to edit them according to your hardware setup. If you don't have B and C on your switch set portMPG/pinMPG B and C to zero.
Attachments
M25021.txt
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
M25020.txt
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 680 times
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:05 pm

I hit post reply and it logs me off. I'll have to come back later ...... IF I can stay ON !
will try to post a pic now tho.
I didnt realize this has an OFF position.
Would/could that be wired/configured to kill the input for the increment ? Then it would be seen when an axis is selected ?
I'll study the macros . THANKS,
Russ
Attachments
MPG.jpg
RWC

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm

I think that when you switch to off then no axis signal is active. If no axis is selected then the macro switches the MPG mode off and you can jog with the keyboard.
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 pm

cncdrive wrote:There are the MPG pins on the I/O setup page. And the buttons etc. you select where you showed on the printscreen.
The increment selection knob is a bit more tricky, because it will not trigger when you start the software, because the knob is not changing the input state.
One way to resolve this issue is to wire a PWM signal through the knob instead of a fixed voltage, e.g. the charge pump PWM is fine for this purpose and then it will update the knob continously, so the selection will update to the actual value on software start.

cncdrive wrote:
dezsoe wrote:I think that when you switch to off then no axis signal is active. If no axis is selected then the macro switches the MPG mode off and you can jog with the keyboard.

What I mean is, if there was no signal active to the AXIS selection OR the increment selection with the switch in the OFF position, would that negate the need for the PWM signal ? Both the AXIS and INC would see a state change whenever the axis switch was moved from the OFF pos.
Also, here is a pic of the internals. Some proprietary circuits involved. Guess I'll just chop that out and get new multi pos selectors.
The macros will take me a while ... I make chips, not code :)
Thanks,
Russ
RWC

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Don't add all information together. Balázs wrote one solution and I wrote an other. These two macros make everything you need. If the wires are connected then you just have to edit the macros to set the port and pin numbers, nothing else. These macros work fine, they are tested and used for years. :)
dezsoe

Postby RWC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:56 am

trying again today to add pic.
Attachments
guts.jpg
RWC

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software