UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:14 am

If possible try a port in another USB hub. There are usually at least 2 or more separate USB hubs in computers.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:00 am

dezsoe wrote:
Gerry, I remember that you made some changes to some macros. Is it possible that they run some older version than me? Do you have the old versions of the changed macros that I should also test?

I doubt it, but here they are.
Attachments
M20523.txt
(10.98 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
M20522.txt
(15.24 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
M6.txt
(15.42 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Gene8522 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:59 pm

cncdrive wrote:OK, did you try to use a different USB port? Maybe there is a problem with the port if you have to unplug it means that the port chipset is likely frozen or in other words it gave up the connection for some reason.

OK I tried a different USB port this morning and I saw the UCR201 pendant install into comm port 10, was in port 8.
This was all well and good BUT!
The installation has corrupted UCCNC settings and now I have lost control of the VFD, spindle and cooling pump.
I've checked all the settings and comm ports and found no changes there. I can start and stop the spindle on manual at the VFD.
When I click "Spindle CW" on and off it triggers an E-Stop. Never saw that before!
I tried to uninstall the UCR201 but that doesn't change the control of the spindle.
I reconnect the USB hub that I was using, but did not regain control of the spindle.

To say that I'm a little hot under the collar............ YOU BET I AM!!!!! THE UCR201 has been nothing but one big problem.
Gene8522

Postby Gene8522 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm

I have a little goods news ;) ..............
I installed the "Profiles" I sent to dezsoe yesterday, now I have my UCCNC working again with spindle control.
I am so glade I had a fresh copy of the "Profiles. :roll:
I don't think I'll be trying the UCR201 pendant again for a while.
Gene8522

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 pm

The UCR201 is a HID device which means it's driver is built into Windows and when you plugging the UCR201 transmitter into the USB port then Windows installs the drivers itself, it is not our software who installs the drivers and also not you installing the drivers. The drivers are built into Windows and Windows automatically attaching the proper drivers to the device.
And yes, the UCR201 identifies itself as a virtual COM port, when plugging in then it just tells Windows that he is a HID device and needs to be a COM port and Windows do all the rest.

I don't know how your VFD is controlled, but I guess it is another USB device you using to control the VFD from, correct?
If so then there is somekind of problem in your Windows if it disabled that USB device or corrupted it or whatever happened to it, but it is not our drivers problem, because as I said the drivers is built into Windows, so it should work out of the box, there should be no issues like what you experiencing.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Gene8522 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:13 pm

The only thing I AM sure of is UCCNC 2017 Screenset was running without any problems until I tried to us the your
UCR201 pendant. And now that I have UCCNC working again I will not be trying to run the UCR201 pendant again
until a solution is found or something is fixed.
Gene8522

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Nobody ever had a freezing problem with it so far, so I don't know how could we figure out what is the problem with your setup?!
I mean I understand your frustration, but I beleive that there should be somekind of issue with your Windows installation which causes these problems, because the other about so far 1000 UCR201 users did not report any software freezes or anything like that. The only thing a few people reported is something about the probe when the pendant is enabled, but that also does not seems to be a UCR201 specific issue, because it was reported with other pendants too (XHC etc.), so it has to be something else which we working on figuring out.
So, it is really strange that your system has these problems. :(
Maybe if you have another computer and some spare time then you could install the UCCNC on it, e.g. just in demo to see if it runs well on the other computer, that could make it clear if it is a problem with the one computer and Windows you running.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Gene8522 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Guess I'm just plain lucky...................
Gene8522

Postby cncdrive » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Well, it has to be something with your system. (Windows or computer)
Yes, it's a pity that a simple USB HID device installation is not working on it properly, because it is a very basic installation process of Windows. :(
I'm afraid you will have lots of problems with that computer if that does not work, because many USB devices are HID devices, like USB network adapters and different wifi adapters, x-box pendants and so on. And if the UCR201 installation causes such problems then very likely that other devices installation will cause similar issues. So, hopefully you will not have to install other HID devices on that computer.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Gene8522 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:09 pm

My PC on my diy CNC is not connected to anything else not even the internet. I have been running Windows 7 on this PC for almost two years now. And using UCCNC 2017 Screenset for about eight months. So why would I start have problems now. Fortunately I had a copy of the profiles and was able to repair the settings in UCCNC. If you like I will send you the profile that gave all the problems, maybe you will find the problem.
Gene8522

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software