UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Postby PillyWilly » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Robertspark wrote:Is this the same error

https://youtu.be/ZfeTrOLAxG8

When using "Auto Zero Initialize" or the built in M6 command yes. but when using "Auto Zero" this behaviour.

1. UCCNC zeroes the tool to my set probe height, at the correct speed, all is good. (1 out af 50 times).
2. UCCNC start zeroing the tool, at the correct feed, hits the probe, retracts the set distance, but then plungches at high speed into the probe, breaking or damaging the tool.
3. UCCNC starts the zeroing at full speed towards the probe, and I usually can hit the emergency stop button.

Regards
Jan
PillyWilly

Postby dezsoe » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:12 pm

PillyWilly wrote:
Dan911 wrote:Hi PhillyWillie,
Just curious...What OP system/regional settings you using?

Windows 10 danish language pack.

Hello Jan,

By language pack do you mean that you install e.g. English Windows 10 and then you switch to Danish later? Or is it a Danish installer?
dezsoe

Postby PillyWilly » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

dezsoe wrote:
PillyWilly wrote:
Dan911 wrote:Hi PhillyWillie,
Just curious...What OP system/regional settings you using?

Windows 10 danish language pack.

Hello Jan,

By language pack do you mean that you install e.g. English Windows 10 and then you switch to Danish later? Or is it a Danish installer?

Danish installer
PillyWilly

Postby Robertspark » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm

What processor (exactly) does your machine run (odd ball out of the box thought)
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Is is possible that the 2017 probing macros are being run as mutithread so fast that where variables are being added or multipled that this is not being done in 1 out of 50 instances. Yes it's far fetched maybe, but I was looking at the macros and noticed something how it corrects for FRO (it took me a few good long hours and quite a few PM's with Gerry for the penny to finally drop that what the macros do is correct for any FRO by inverting the FRO and multiplying it be the intended feedrate so that the programmed feedrate is not affected by the FRO

I was wondering if there is ANY possibility that 1 in 50 times that this is not happening correctly with multithreading and multicore processing..... Is it possible to force the macros to run as FIFO / single thread / sequential applications just to rule this out.
Robertspark

Postby PillyWilly » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Robertspark wrote:What processor (exactly) does your machine run (odd ball out of the box thought)

I will not be in the garage before tomorrow evening. I know it's an Intel I5 but the exact model number I have to read from the PC tomorrow.
The replacement laptop, that is having the same issues, runs an old AMD 1ghz.

Regards
Jan
PillyWilly

Postby ger21 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:43 pm

I was wondering if there is ANY possibility that 1 in 50 times that this is not happening correctly

I think you have that backwards.
He said it only works correctly 1 out of 50 times. 49 times it's wrong.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Dan911 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 am

I suspect this to be a CultureInfo/formatting/string converting issue since only happening in macro's, I know Gerry's macro's are written to be unit less.

I also know in HY12 loop I use a decimal.parse for decimal separator to be used as a period, try disabling HY12 and see if this fixes issues or download hy14. If you see no change and problem persist try changing your windows regional settings temporarily to test for change/fix. It would at least eliminate or give a direction.
Dan911

Postby PillyWilly » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:51 am

Dan911 wrote:I suspect this to be a CultureInfo/formatting/string converting issue since only happening in macro's, I know Gerry's macro's are written to be unit less.

I also know in HY12 loop I use a decimal.parse for decimal separator to be used as a period, try disabling HY12 and see if this fixes issues or download hy14. If you see no change and problem persist try changing your windows regional settings temporarily to test for change/fix. It would at least eliminate or give a direction.

I will try this later today.

Regards
Jan
PillyWilly

Postby PillyWilly » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Dan911 wrote:I suspect this to be a CultureInfo/formatting/string converting issue since only happening in macro's, I know Gerry's macro's are written to be unit less.

I have now tried to disable the HY12 plugin. No difference.
Therefore I haven´t installed the HY14 plugin, is this worth a go?

I have installed and shifted to english language for Windows, all language have changed, including splash screen, menus etc.
This made a huge difference, actually I thought for a moment the problem was solved, but at the 4 "Auto Home" the Z axis plunged into the probe/toolsetter, had I not pushed the emergency button. I then tried again, and the same happend at the 5 try, so you might have found at least a part of the solution.

Regards
Jan
PillyWilly

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software