UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Postby geotophe » Fri May 10, 2019 1:45 am

That is not good news :-(

If you arrange delivery of this product to me, I can clone my system and send you mine so you will have one computer (102x99x56.65mm) with the issue occurring for sure to work on? I am located in France, you could get the package within a few days.

Otherwise, if no solution is possible in a forseable future is there any possibility of getting a refund on the UCR201 that suffer the issue and cannot be used?
geotophe

Postby geotophe » Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Silence silence

I suppose silence means no to both offer/questions (1-send you an -very small- computer with the system affected by the issue so you can reproduce and 2- Refund in case of no solution at all)

Not sure I don't prefer North American customer support than the Hungarian one at this point in time ......
geotophe

Postby ger21 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Have you sent CNC Drive an email with your offer?
They don't always see every forum post.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm

We do not have a computer like that and we would not use it for anything else, so it does not really worth to buy one and ship it from the USA and then hoping to reproduce the issue and finally drop the computer in the garbage bin since we will not use it for anything.
But you could send us your system (PC) if you can live with lacking of it for a few weeks. If so then we can send you a DHL package collection, so DHL could pick the package up from you and deliver it to us.
Then you could tell us how exactly to reproduce the issue. (The steps to) and then we will reproduce it and debug the system. And if we can replicate the issue then we could fix it for sure.
And finally we would ship it back to you. (Maybe some gift too for your help) :)

Yes, sure, if the pendant is in original condition (not scratched and not abused physically) then we can refund you if you want to do that.
And it seems to me that not the pendant is suffering from the issue, but it is something in the software and certain installations which causing this problem, but we do not know what.
I'm saying this, because the same issue was reported by a few users with different pendants, the UCR201, the XHC HB04 too.
So, the problem does not seems to the UCR201 related. Maybe it is UCR201 plugin code, or somekind of timing issue, but again we don't know for sure because we cannot reproduce the issue at us and the number of users having this issue is low, so it is hard to get help from users. The situation would be different if more people would have this problem, then we could more easily find somebody who has enough IT knowledge to help us to debug the issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby PillyWilly » Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Is this where it ends then?
This makes me look for another solution on driving my CNC, a shame I have spent MANY hours setting it up.

Bye for now.
Jan
PillyWilly

Postby cncdrive » Wed May 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Please tell me what do you expect us to do?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby PillyWilly » Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm

cncdrive wrote:Please tell me what do you expect us to do?

What more do you expect I can do, as a customer to your product?
I bought the pendant that is working 100% and it does not.
Tried two different computers with two different Windows versions (DK and UK)
Tried both 2017 screenset as well as the default on both PC´s.
Bought another supported Pendant, same issue.

I know my earlier comment was rude, but I´m confused, sad and angry at the same time.
UCCNC works with everything else I´ve thrown at it, just not this one.

Earlier this year I promised to run every piece of soft or hardware you would send me, nothing has happend, until now.

So what you can do is make it work!!!!!
PillyWilly

Postby cncdrive » Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 pm

OK, but how can we make something to work which already works fine all the time at us and also at 99.99% of the customers?
I mean we cannot replicate the problem at all and we also do not see any reason any errors in code for this problem to happen, so we have no idea why it happens at you.

We have also tried many different computers. We even installed DK Windows, because you said that you using that and we have installed it just to reproduce it.
We have also offered the other person who had this issue and posted into this thread to take his computer with DHL, test and debug the issue and send it back, got no response.
So, I'm idealess about how to fix this problem when nobody who has the problem helps.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 pm

They can't reproduce the errors, which is where the problem lies.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby PillyWilly » Thu May 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Ok one last shot then.

I will purchase a UK Windows 10 and a brand new computer.

Is there any preferred pc that I should go for? And what Windows version, home or Pro?

I would prefer a combination of a small itx motherboard and CPU if you have it.

Today I use a aio PC could the tuch screen be a part of my problems, I mean Reading the last pist from the French guy.

Br
Jan
PillyWilly

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software