New Probe Screen in Test Release 1.2108

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: New Probe Screen in Test Release 1.2108

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Delco wrote:Any updates on the probing in the latest update , so frustrating and made a heap of errors because the values and settings for simple probe and corner probe dont save for each type of probe , go to corner probe and set it up for a 8mm dia probe to use axis count dia , then when going to simple probe top surface I forget to turn off axis count dia back to guage AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. a 4 hr job ruined.

Can we please have each probe type save automatically the last used settings on exit.

Just curious if I'm not understanding how the probe works. But couldn't you put probe 1 as tool 1 and probe 2 as tool 2, then it would keep the info saved? Or are you doing something completely different where the probe size changes? I only use tool 1 as a probe, so not sure I follow.
ThreeDJ16

Postby Delco » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 am

My workflow is to use the outer corner probe as my first probe to locate the origin , so I need to select outer probe function , then change from axis1 count guage to axis 1 count dia and also select axis count 2 dia , then I need to change axis P1 and P2 to the appropriate direction and values and select what axis it is now ( last used probe would have been depth z probe which is a minus travel and Z axis and axis1 guage),
Do my probe to find the xy zero point.
Then I need to select simple probe , change axis1 count dia to axis 1 guage then select P1 to be a negative travel and Z axis .
Do my Z height porbe.
Start work piece , then several times more at each tool change I redo simple probe to set z height.

Once operation 1 done I flip the part , select outer corner probe again , reset axis 1 guage count to axis 1 dia count , set axis 2 dia count , reset direction of P1 and P2 travel and select axis.
Do my probe to find the xy zero point on operation 2
Then I need to select simple probe , change axis1 count dia to axis 1 guage then select P1 to be a negative travel and Z axis .
Do my Z height porbe.
Start work piece operation 2

Now if I have a power out glitch etc and I need to re-reference I need to repeat all steps or pickup a different x/y zero like maybe centre of a circle .

Each time a probe is done every thing needs to be reset for each probe.

Surely the system could remember the settings for each probe type so when toggling between corner probe , outer probe or simple probe etc it remembers the last used settings for each probe as they rarely ever change . that way you just need to select probe type - then probe if it is the same setup as the last time you used that probe type.
Delco

Postby dezsoe » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:38 am

OK, Delco, it's clear. I'll try to do my best to make these canges, but give me some time to do it.
dezsoe

Postby Kivlow » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:36 am

Hello,
i have problem with probing.
I bought tool lenght sensor that height is 62mm but in probing screen i can set max 50mm for gauge height.
Can i change it editing uccnc file or i need to wait for upgrade ??
Kivlow

Postby dezsoe » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:19 am

Hello,

You can edit the screenset. Open screen editor and change the maxvalue and minvalue properties of the field as follows:

minmax.png

In the next release I've already changed these limits to +/-100. When you finished, go to the Run page and then save the screenset. (UCCNC will start up on that page which is selected when you save the screenset.)
dezsoe

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:04 am

Cool, thanks. Will check it out next weekend.
ThreeDJ16

Postby mr_cg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:10 pm

I am somehow confused about in which testing release the new probe screen is available.
Is it also available in current latest testing release (1.2113) or only in some older versions (e.g. 1.2108)?
Thanks for your help.
mr_cg

Postby dezsoe » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:46 am

Since 1.2108 it installs with UCCNC. On the old screenset you can find it in Tools/Probe, on the new screenset it's in the middle.

p1.png

p2.png
dezsoe

Postby Demusman » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:51 am

What are the P1 and P2 next to Axis 1 and Axis 2 respectively?
Are they probing distance?
Demusman

Postby dezsoe » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:28 am

In most cases yes. On the probe mode selector buttons there are drawings with letters and above the P and C values there is a short description about what will the program do.
dezsoe

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software