G code application

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

G code application

Postby millerman » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:35 pm

I have an application where I would like to have x and y running a loop while an "A" axis rotary is doing something different.

A axis will be sweeping back and forth while the xy make a circular pattern.

I would like to not have to program the A axis moves into the x,y moves as it will make it really tough to program and make simple changes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 person had suggested using 2 independent controller setups run the xy on 1 and the a on another, which is doable but would not be myu first choice in figuring this out.

Thanks for any help.
Mike
millerman

Re: G code application

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:43 am

I don't see the point of making XY out of syncron to A axis. What is the point of that? If they are not in syncron at all. Or if they have to be in syncron then you can simply program e.g. G1 X10 Y10 A10 etc. and then they will move together.
Or you can program e.g. G1 A10 and after that in the next row G1 X10 Y10 if you want them to move independently in sequence.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18 am

Millerman

Is this application CNC or something else?

Mach3 was used for all manor of non CNC tyre movement, linuxcnc may also be a better bet it sounds like you are after out of bounds axis motion.

Can you explain the application a bit more?

It sounds like you have a connecting rod shunting back and forth. It is always the same distance and motion?
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:04 am

The question is if the axes have to be in syncron or out of syncron. And if they have to be out of syncron then what is the reason for that? And is there a need to make them move separated in a non pre-defined (random) way? If not then I do not see a point for them to be non-syncronised.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:32 am

Mach3 had a lot of non CNC uses that it was used for for example sewing and embroidery machines. They require out of bounds axis motion (not in sync with X or y) what the OP is asking is not available from uccnc
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 am

I don't think anyone has done hexapods with mach3 but I think that linuxcnc had done them. What is being asked for uccnc cannot offer and is unlikely to ever do
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:37 am

Hi Rob,

OK, but where did you read hexapod? I reread the OP's post a few times, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
Hexapod still does not need out of band axes, it needs kinematics calculations which is a totally different thing...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:38 am

I have a feeling that the OP can't really determinate what are the motion control requirements for his applications, that is why I'm asking, to see clear first about his needs and then we can decide if the UCCNC can do it or not.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Hexapod was just an example of an out of bounds axis movement. And a complex one to programme.... And also requires a number of axis to be independent of each other.... I see it as an extreme motion control example. (But it's not of much use except for one application..... )

Reading his initial post he asked for an A axis to move back and forth {continuously?} And then an X and y axis to move about with programmed gcode.

That told me he was asking for out of bounds motion...

It may be possible to control the a axis via a programmed servo drive that moves a specific distance when it's inputs are toggled and it would internally allow for axis acceleration and deceleration but you would have no idea where the a axis is in relation to X and Y unless they are programmed in sync
Robertspark

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software