marketing suggestion -> Mach3/uccnc+motion ctl comparison

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

marketing suggestion -> Mach3/uccnc+motion ctl comparison

Postby Robertspark » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 pm

marketing suggestion -> Mach3/uccnc+motion controller comparison

http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Mach%20Version%20Differences_doc_a9.pdf

I've seen posts before asking for a comparison of what a motion controller can and cannot do or what cnc software can and cannot support.

Have cncdrive thought about putting together such a comparative list as has been done by NFS for mach3/mach4 hobby & mach4 industrial?

I'm aware that you don't want to see uccnc as direct competition to mach3 (or mach4) [seen the post on cnczone] but it may be useful for such a comparative list to show a comparison as to what functions the motion controllers support and avoid people moaning about "unsupported" functions later when they are clearly listed. I'm also aware that I've not seen any other manufacturers do such a thing (probably for fear that they have exposed some weakness in their offering) although the counter argument is it clearly shows your products strengths and its up to your competitors to demonstrate theirs, and also provides some targeted guidance.

note: plasma (thc) and laser (m10/m11 &m62&m63) support not shown in NFS list, but would be useful to add / show.
Robertspark

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software