CYCLE STOP CONTROL

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

CYCLE STOP CONTROL

Postby SMITYP116 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:10 pm

Quick one guys...

I have my vacuum pump running from cycle start and off the M30 macro at the end of a cut file.

However the pins don't clear when I hit cycle stop and the pump keeps running. Which macro is the cycle stop reference to so could put a pinclearout command in.

M8 and M9 are already in use by the way, so I can't use those. These of course switch off fine with the cycle stop button.

Thanks in advance
Paul
SMITYP116

Re: CYCLE STOP CONTROL

Postby ger21 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:56 pm

Try using an output trigger ties to LED #54.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby SMITYP116 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:45 pm

Perfect thanks. Worked a treat!
SMITYP116

Postby mac6 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:15 am

SMITYP116 wrote:Quick one guys...

I have my vacuum pump running from cycle start and off the M30 macro at the end of a cut file.

However the pins don't clear when I hit cycle stop and the pump keeps running. Which macro is the cycle stop reference to so could put a pinclearout command in.

M8 and M9 are already in use by the way, so I can't use those. These of course switch off fine with the cycle stop button.

Thanks in advance
Paul

It sounds like the issue is that the vacuum pump continues to run even after the cycle is stopped, and the pins that control the pump are not cleared. To fix this, you'll need to find the macro that is associated with the cycle stop button and add a command to clear the pins that control the vacuum pump.

The specific macro that is associated with the cycle stop button may vary depending on your machine and control software, but it's typically named something like CYCLE_STOP.mac or similar. Once you find the macro, you can edit it to add the necessary command to clear the pins.

The command to clear the pins will depend on the specific hardware and control system you're using. It could be something like "pinclearout" or "pin_off" followed by the pin number.
mac6

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software