Type in tool number for tool library

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Type in tool number for tool library

Postby Derek » Sat May 18, 2019 10:22 am

The one thing I really liked about Mach was being able to type in a tool number and go. UCCNC does not do that and from what I understand the way Mach was doing it wasn't the best method overall. T# and H# are separate items.

Like me you are using fixed length tool holders so I assume you are not touching off after each tool change.

Typing in g43 h50 in the MDI goes pretty quickly if I am doing one off work. I now have an ATC on my knee mill but before that I would do the tool changes in code with no M6 commands. I program in where I want XYZ to be for the tool change and use MO and G43 H##. Here is an example.

Machine is running with a tool in it:
M05
M09
G00 Z12
G00 X4 Y7
M0
(change tool push start)
G43 H50
M03
M08
Continue code.

The nice thing about doing it this way is you can put the machine where it needs to be to change that particular tool as opposed to a M6 macro that is going to send the machine to a fixed place.
Derek

Postby Vmax549 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:47 pm

You can do it as you wanted but the method is slightly different.

You set up teh M6 macro to handle tool changes as you want then simply call the tool # as a tool change.

To manually set up teh tool at startup Install teh tool #50 and From teh MDI type M6 T50 G43 H50 and hit enter.

Or to do it from inside Gcode Call teh Tool#50 from Gcode

M6T50
G43H50

OR you can set up a simple macro to call a tool # into play

M66 P50 Hit enter will call teh Tool #50 into play AND set the H offset automatically.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Vmax549 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:50 am

OOPS the macro name M66 was already used in UCCNC. You can name it anything else something like M166 Pxx.

Sorry about that, (;-) TP
Vmax549

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software