hdbb2 wiring diagramm

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

hdbb2 wiring diagramm

Postby thegreatwaldo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Can someone please post a wiring diagram (or a link) for the hdbb2 that I can use with 3 leadshine em705 drivers X Y Z . I'm not sur of the conections on the board. I am a beginner in this field and would like to know where the PUL+ and PUL- and the DIR+ and DIR- from the stepper motors are connected to the bob also where would an E stop button/switch be connected. I will also be connecting 3 homing switches. and a digitizing probe. I'm sure for most forumites this is simple stuff. Any help information appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Re: hdbb2 wiring diagramm

Postby cncdrive » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Andrew,

The Pul+ and Pul- stands for pulse which we call step in the UCCNC, it is the step signal for the axis.
The Dir+ and Dir- is the direction signal and we call the same in the UCCNC.

There are + and - inputs on the drive, because it is an optocoupler input and the anode and cathode are also wired out on the drive with a series resistor in between.

The RJ45 axis connector pins you can connect to the drive the following way:

HDBB2 RJ45 pin 1. step --- Drive Pul+
HDBB2 RJ45 pin 2. dir --- Drive Dir+
HDBB2 RJ45 pin 3. gnd --- Drive Pul-
HDBB2 RJ45 pin 3. gnd --- Drive Dir-

The e-stop button and the limit switches connection depends on your switches and how they are wired. There are a few example connections in the HDBB2 manual, please check that first and let me know if you don't understand something.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby thegreatwaldo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:41 am

HI Balazs

Does that mean I have to use the RJ45 connector for the stepper drivers or are the contacts also duplicated on the screw terminals and if so which ones ?

Thanks
Andrew

PS. I think it might be a good idea to update the manual with some general wiring diagrams which could make it more understandable for us more wood orientated users
thegreatwaldo

Postby cncdrive » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 am

Hi Andrew,

Yes, you have to use the RJ45 axis connectors to connect the step and dir signals to the drives, there is no duplication of them on the screw terminals, they are only in the RJ45s.
You can get a patch cable and cut off the RJ45 plug from one end and connect the wires how I described.
You can get patch cables easily, because they are used to connect internet, so basicly every IT and electric multi store has it.
You can find a picture of how this connection looks in real life in this forum thread: download/file.php?id=578&mode=view
Unfortunately I could not find a more closeup picture at the moment.

The issue with general drawings is that there can be lots of possible configuration, because you know all I/Os in the UCCNC are freely configurable,
so you can configure limit and home switches to any of the inputs and you can configure an e-stop to any of the inputs, you just have to configure the port/pin number according to your connections.
What are in the manual are connection diagrams of different sensors, like PNP, NPN, machanical switch which drawings basicly covers all possible connections.
And making a concrete drawing could make the customers think that I/Os on the board are fixed and so they could easily and falesly think that they can't use the board with their controller if it has another pinout fixed configuration in their controller manual. (E.g. like in some chinese motion controllers.)

What we could extend and probably we should in the manual is how to connect the step/dirs to the drives.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby thegreatwaldo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi Balazs

Thanks for the reply. Would I be correct in assuming that I can wire my home switches X Y Z to inputs 1-3 and my probe to one of the remaining inputs 4 or 5 ? When I have a moment I will draw a wiring diagram and ask you to check it. Could you explain to me where would be the correct connection for an emergency stop switch ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Andrew

Ps I still think it would be a good idea to have some basic connection diagrams for the bob on the uccnc website ie 3 steppers power supply, spindle vfd 0-10v connection, 3 homing switches. Digitizing probe. tool setting plate
thegreatwaldo

Postby thegreatwaldo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 am

Hi Balazs

Me again I have noticed that the PULS - and DIR - are both using pin /contact 3 on RJ45 plug is it ok to link a wire on the leadshine em705 between these 2 points ? Thanks in advance.

Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Return to Hardware