uc300eth probe in mach3

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

uc300eth probe in mach3

Postby micha2070 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello,

I have spent several hours to setup mach3 for tool length probe.
The wired connections are all pretty good and work - it can be see at diagnostic Screen.
But the porbe run doesn't stop the z-axis after touch the probe-plate.
So I think, the uc300eth is not able to handle it with mach3.

Am I right?

I use mach3 2.0 - R3.043.066
plug-in is loaded -> V1.006

in the UC300-5LPT user guide I can find an interesting thing about supported Mach3 functions: Digit/probe input

but...
1) I cannot find any description about implemented mach3 functions in uc300eth
2) I cannot find this function 'Digit/probe input' in uc300eth
3) is there any way to get and make Firmware update not automatically for mach3 and uccnc ?
4) is there any description for setup the probe in uccnc?
I cannot find any description of Probe2. What does is mean, and how it is to setup?
If I set up Probe1 pin and start to probe, after stop in the first pass the z-axis doesn't stop after touch the probe-plate again.
Do I have to set Probe2 equal Probe1? why I must all this things investigate through try and error?

Can someone help?

thanks in advance,
Michael
micha2070

Re: uc300eth probe in mach3

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:33 am

Hi Michael,

I looked after the issue you described and the plugin 1.006 had a problem with the probe, so it was not working in that plugin.
The 1.006 version is still packed into the automatic installer, we are about to update that.

You can already install a newer plugin, the latest released one is version 1.010.
Now you can install that plugin with making internet connection on your computer and run the automatic installer app that way,
so it will download the latest plugin automatically from our website which is version 1.010 and it will install that.

If you don't have / can't make internet on the machine control computer then install it on another computer and then browse the Mach3/Plugins folder after the installation,
and you will find the UC300ETH 1.010.dll plugin file there. Copy that file to a pendrive and move it to the control computer's Mach3/Plugin folder.
One more important thing is that the same time also delete the old UC300ETH 1.006.dll file from the Mach3/Plugins folder.
It is important that only one UC300ETH plugin should be in the plugins folder, otherwise Mach3 will load the different plugin versions randomly if there are more of them, which isn't good.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:47 am

And answering your questions one by one:

1) I cannot find any description about implemented mach3 functions in uc300eth

It is implemented, but had was not woring in 1.006 plugin version.

2) I cannot find this function 'Digit/probe input' in uc300eth

There is the Probe input in the Mach3 setup. The plugins can't override the Mach3 settings, so it must be there in the ports and pins in the inputs config.

3) is there any way to get and make Firmware update not automatically for mach3 and uccnc ?

The firmware updates happens automatically in terms of that a plugin or if the UCCNC version requires a different firmware to run than what is actually installed into the UC300ETH then it will update the firmware. If the firmware version fits the plugin or the UCCNC version then it will not update the firmware.
The firmware versions check and update happens automatically and it must happen otherwise the device could not work properly with a non-matching firmware.

4) is there any description for setup the probe in uccnc?
I cannot find any description of Probe2. What does is mean, and how it is to setup?
If I set up Probe1 pin and start to probe, after stop in the first pass the z-axis doesn't stop after touch the probe-plate again.
Do I have to set Probe2 equal Probe1? why I must all this things investigate through try and error?

Probe 2 input is equivalent to the Probe 1 input. You can have 2 probes is what is Probe 2 is for.
The Probe 1. and Probe 2. work in an OR connection and both can trigger the same probe function (G31) in the UCCNC, so if any of the 2 probes activates makes the probe for the UCCNC to become active.
The advantage of having 2 probe inputs is that probes can have normally open and normally closed connections and if you for example have one probe (e.g. a touch plate) with NO connection and you have another probe (e.g. a 3D probe sensor) which has NC connection then you could not connect these 2 to the same probe input, because one has NO and one has NC connection, so you can't connect them in parallel and you also can't connect them in series to one probe input, because their output configuration is different. So, you need 2 probe inputs to connect both sensors the same time and you can do that, because the UCCNC has 2 probe inputs acting in an OR connection.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby micha2070 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 pm

hi,

oh, yeah!

I've done the firmware update and now it works as expected.

Thanks a lot for the quick and very good support!
micha2070

Return to Hardware