Anyone using the UCR200 ?

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: Anyone using the UCR200 ?

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Ahh, the UC100 will be different, because of the way it works where as the pendant will just output data with a PID & VID when you press a button or jog the handwheel.

Hence writing a plugin for a USB device (like a pendant) in c# is not that difficult as you can use some standard libraries (probably not the right term... from a non-programmer)

hmmm.... screencapture did not works so well...

Try google drive link below.... better picture, went blurred on youtube (noob learning.... never uploaded screencapture before)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9eqGqWQVBbWaUcydGZhQXkxcHc?usp=sharing
Robertspark

Postby SFDeeJay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Gerry, I have no reason to explain why I had imagined that would be the case (I'm such a newbie) but I had pondered that possibility. So, thank you very much, I'll plug the UC100 back where it was working and correct/reinstall some of the software. It's way too hot in the shop this late afternoon, but I'll follow your advice tomorrow morning.
SFDeeJay

Postby SFDeeJay » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Gerry, as a registered member of the Stepcraft forum (and since I purchased the UCR200 from them) I posted this:
"Initially, I assumed I would need to disconnect the UC100 USB controller, but Dan Immohr corrected me to say that BOTH must be installed. After a week of trying, have NEVER been able to get this handheld remote to work (with EITHER UCCNC or Mach3, both registered recent versions) One consistent error comes up w/ Mach3, "wrong version of UCR200.dll", so how am I to know how/where to find the correct version? With UCCNC, always seems to be looking for Mach3 (LED readout says can't find a version of Mach3) and none of the buttons cause anything to move. Everything was working well (with Kress spindle replacing my original HF500 Spindle), but now NOTHING works. Oh, yeah, Blue and Green LED's all show correctly when UCCNC (or Mach3) is fired up. Sure would appreciate some guidance. Thanks."
(Later)...
After deleting the wrong UCR200.dll, the remote DOES show LED readouts with Mach3 (but no way to control movement, either from the keyboard or the "pendant". There is no UCR200 configuration choice in UCCNC. To make things worse, even tho both programs seem to be working without errors, NOTHING on the machine itself (SC2-600) functions at all. It was working perfectly before attempting to install the UCR200 and Stepcraft's remote spindle power switch. I detached the remote power switch, thinking it would not be needed w/ the UCR200, but now there is NO motion control under any software.
SFDeeJay

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 am

I don't know what "wrong version of UCR200.dll" means. I don't remember if we have such error message. Can you post a printscreen about this error message?

I guess you have the MPG selected is why your keyboard jogging is not working. You machine will not jog with the keyboard when the MPG mode is selected in mach3 or in uccnc, because in that mode the MPG is selected for jog movements and not your manual jog/keyboard.

If I recall the pendant will always show the "no connection to Mach3" if there is no connection to the software even if it is the UCCNC.
This is because the pendant was developed before the UCCNC software even existed and I think we did not change that text message on the pendant with the UCCNC UCR200 plugin.

I advice you to post your mach3 .xml settings file here to let us check what the issue is.
Also you can post your UCCNC .pro profile file here to let us check and tell us the version of UCCNC you running.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby SFDeeJay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Not really what I wanted to hear, but I do appreciate your help. First, my version of UCCNC is 1.2042, and Mach3 is 3.043.066. Second, I would NOT have purchased the pendant, had I known that once installed, the keyboard would not work (an either/or situation). I must have selected "MPG Mode" accidentally, as I never used that feature in the past (depended on software settings). I guess my "lesson learned" is to leave well enough alone when things are working. I plan to detach/uninstall all functions of the UCR200 and try to get my old system back. Never would have purchased if I had known it was (relatively) old technology, compared to UCCNC, and will attempt to sell at a HUGE discount. Anyone out there interested in a like-new UCR200 Remote Pendant?
SFDeeJay

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Well, when the MPG mode is selected then all pendants disables the other jog modes. This is not a behaviour of this particular pendant, but this is how it works. It works the same in Mach3 and the UCCNC btw.
And this has to work this way, because the software can't input 2 sources of jog devices the same time, it could cause issues.
You can install any type of pendants and all will work this way both in mach3 and uccnc.

I don't think you understood what I'm saying. It is not old technology, just developed before the UCCNC which is itself only 3years old approximately while we have the UC100 about 6-7years now, so the UC100 is especially much older.
If the pendant is still in original condition then I'm sure that Stepcraft or the shop your have purchased from can take it back from you.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby SFDeeJay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks again. Per your suggestion, will contact Eric Royer (Stepcraft USA distributor) and since I have been a good customer (lotsa $$$), he will most likely accept a return.
SFDeeJay

Previous

Return to Hardware