External control panel

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: External control panel

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:36 pm

Demo mode is fully functional except for there's no connection to a physical motion controller.

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to do with that keyboard. To be clear, UCCNC will not get any non-standard keys, because it gets the key codes from Windows. Those scan codes that Windows cannot evaluate will not be forwarded to UCCNC.
dezsoe

Postby 2046 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:59 pm

This project is actually really interesting.. and I wonder my self if there is any UCCNC plugin documentation apart the "example" in the plugin directory. As that will help us to make a bridge or write the communication on the proper low level, unlike creating a dummy keyboard and fire shortcuts.
As that would be awesome, coz we would be able to write our own interface client and run the UCCNC in background .. that would open up whole new level of user friendliness :mrgreen:

update:
heh.. there is a MODBUS plugin, that opens up doors for external communication
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3062
I should look on that too... hmmm, cool.

Postby cncdrive » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 am

You could write your own interface easily and run the UCCNC in the background.
There is a Remotesocket master plugin the 1.2116 UCCNC and using that you can send commands to the UCCNC, read datas from UCCNC etc.
There is also a Remotesocket client application with source code.
With this plugin you can remote control the UCCNC from external applications using via standard Windows socket messages (TCP),
it works even on local network from a separate computer, you just have to setup the network IP of the computers properly in the plugin.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby 2046 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:22 am

Awesome.. :shock:
I found some people using modebus which looks promising.
Once I have a time :mrgreen: I might delve into it and maybe create a control panel.. although the Elgato streamdeck looks like a good testing surface already..
The possibility to red data is actually awesome as that would let us use interfaces with visual feedbacks like continuous knobs with LEDs (RGB rotary encoder) around them that reflects the values and the knob picks up from the actual value without need motorized slider etc. .. such interface for CNC would make the CNC lot more fun to use.
Anyway, I'm glad to know that there is a way how to control the UCCNC from outside which I have not found before.

Postby arturod » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:37 am

The C92 is popular for setting up a panel with lots of I/Os:
https://cnc4pc.com/modbus-server-b.html

As you could configure add a virtually unlimited number of I/Os.

Arturo Duncan
https://cnc4pc.com
arturod

Previous

Return to Hardware