Charge Pump Circuit UC300ETH & UCBB

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Charge Pump Circuit UC300ETH & UCBB

Postby mark68 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:11 pm

I'm converting a Cnc router to UCCNC using the UC300ETH and UCBB boards and I would like to include a charge pump type safety circuit so the VFD and Servo's don't power up until the boards are powered up and UCCNC is loaded and communicating with them.
I've done a basic diagram which needs explanation as I'm not an electrician.

Currently when the external mains supply isolator is switched on power goes to the distribution block and from there to the servo and vfd relays, these are not energized until the Push Button power on is pressed at which time the current Controller is also powered up so everything comes on at once. (It is a chinese NK105 controller). Note the power button doesn't work until the Push/Pull isolator is on (pulled out).

So I'd like to keep the existing system pretty much as it is and not create more work but add the charge pump control which I have in the diagram if it will work?

Mains Power is switched on and when the push/pull isolator is opened this energizes a new Solid State 240v relay this then supplies two B6 MCB's which in turn supply the two AC to DC Psu's for power to both UCBB and UC300Eth boards. Once the charge pump 24v output is on after UCCNC is connected this energizes a second 24v Dc triggered Solid state relay which allows the push button power on button to be pressed after an external charge pump led light is lit indicating I can safely power on the Servo's/VFD relays. As mentioned this power button would have previously powered everything up.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-23 2109339.png
mark68

Return to Hardware