UCSB + UC100 + NO Touch probe = Problem

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

UCSB + UC100 + NO Touch probe = Problem

Postby markoveic » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:38 am

Hello, i am new on this forum. I am Marko.

A few days ago, I replaced Chinese electronics with new UCSB and UC100. The PDF instructions are very clear, and the stepper motors started working immediately. However, I am having an issue with the Touch Probe. I am using a touch aluminum plate and a NO touch probe. According to the instructions in the PDF documentation, I can connect it in two different ways, and I have tried both, but it's not working. In UCCNC Diagnostic, the probe touch is not being recognized. Additionally, the LED lights on the board do not turn on when I touch the plate. I have attached a diagram of how I have connected it. Please help, what am I doing wrong?
markoveic

Re: UCSB + UC100 + NO Touch probe = Problem

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:12 pm

Well, your connection on your drawings seems OK, so then it could be that your touch plate is not conducting, maybe your touch wires are broken or the touch plate is oxidized and not conducting.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby markoveic » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:38 pm

thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it. today I will try the probe from another CNC machine, but I am sure that I checked the contact on the probe with a multimeter. I will check everything again today and get back to you.
markoveic

Postby markoveic » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:27 pm

cncdrive wrote:Well, your connection on your drawings seems OK, so then it could be that your touch plate is not conducting, maybe your touch wires are broken or the touch plate is oxidized and not conducting.

unfortunately, the wires are not the problem. I tried measuring volts instead of the probe, it's 24 volts, and that should activate the input, but unfortunately nothing. What else do you recommend for me to try? This is making me very tired, yesterday I lost the whole day, today I read the internet all day, I read this whole forum... give suggestions, please. The stepper motors work properly, but none of the input works for me. hah :( :(
markoveic

Postby markoveic » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Please someone help me, what can I try to do
Thank you
markoveic

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:15 pm

I replied your PM.
You probably forgot to connect the 5Volts to the nylon connector of the UCSB board.
You have to power that externally with 5V if you using the UC100, because the UC100 has no active 5Volts.
There is no need for this if you using a UC400ETH or UC300ETH-5LPT.
So, in your case you can use a USB cable, connect it to the same computer's USB port as to what the UC100 is plugged in and use the 5Volts from that to power the nylon connector of the UCSB board.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby markoveic » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:13 am

Thank you very much for your help!

Yes, the inputs are works now.. Everything seems to me that I made a mistake that I bought UC100 and not UC300ETH or something like that and better - there is a lot more help on the forum.

From the documentation for UCSB, it can be wrongly concluded that 5V is obtained via the motion controller.

documentation : "When using an LPT port instead of a motion controller then the 5V power has to be connected to it
2 pin nylon pin connector located below the IDC connector".

It would be good to supplement the documentation.
markoveic

Return to Hardware