AXBB-E Spindle E-Stop

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

AXBB-E Spindle E-Stop

Postby appiuccnc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:39 am

Hello Guys,

I have a AXBB-B and a Vevor 3Kw spindle that are not playing well together.

I am using AO1 to set the speed of the spindle and pin 6 port 1 to switch it on.

I have set the VFD to " see " a 0 -10 volt input and a switch to ground on / off signal.

If I short out the on / off to ground manually, the spindle works, if I run it through a " dry " relay to ground, the spindle runs for < a second, stops and trips the E Stop. the spindle stops.

If I set the Active Low box on the " Spindle relay output enabled " and again command the spindle to run, it does run without stopping, the E Stop button on the screen flashes like it is tripped but the spindle continues to run.

The spindle runs as it is supposed to when controlled by the run / stop buttons on the VFD.

When the E Stop button flashed, no inputs are tripped ( on the diagnostic screen ) just clicking on the button re-sets it.

I swapped the pins to the VFD and mist buttons ( M3 & M7 ) the VFD / Spindle had the same problems with both M3 & M7.

Ed

Thanks for any suggestions.
appiuccnc

Re: AXBB-E Spindle E-Stop

Postby Dazp1976 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:28 am

Are you using shielded cables for it all?.
Could be leaking EMI noise into the control circuits.
Check all shields and check motor is properly grounded.
Sometimes the motor has no internal ground connected also.
The above is a good place to start.

Go over to cnczone and check out Mactec54. He has a few posts out there regarding this.
Dazp1976

Re: AXBB-E Spindle E-Stop

Postby appiuccnc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:20 pm

Hello Daz

I'll do both suggestions, thanks for the suggestions.

Ed
appiuccnc

Return to Hardware