This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: Chinese A2 Series vfd

Postby Dazp1976 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:12 pm

mrmacca wrote:
dezsoe wrote:Make sure that you don't have the PID control enabled:

The attachment DisablePID.png is no longer available

No not enabled.
Cheers

Have you checked the voltage AO1 output before connecting anything else?.
How have you wired FWD?.
Ideally should be using a relay. Not doing so can break the axbb-e.

Below diagram is different but same idea. Uses 24v compatible SSR relay. (Shouldn't try directly connecting fwd, people have damaged axbb-e this way). So....
SSR relay output > NC/vfd-fwd > COM/vfd-gnd.
SSR relay control > axbb-e isolated output to/relay -ve > axbb-e 24v out/relay +ve

uc300 vfd breakout board connect1.jpg

Further:
I have spotted your possible vfd fwd/rev direct connections.
Now bear with.
The axbb-e wiring example on cncdrive product page is using a J1000. That drive has a 24v control system so is compatible.

YOURS ..... Shows as a 12v control only!. You SHOULD be using a relay. You are connecting a 12v drive to a 24v axbb-e control directly as far as I can tell. Oh dear!.
Dazp1976

Postby mrmacca » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:11 pm

Cheers for all the help, were will I get the relays , how many do I need. do you mean its only 12v from the vfd to the axbb-e as i do have 3 power supplies 5a 24a 36a .
Cheers
mrmacca

Postby mrmacca » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:52 pm

This is the link that I copied the wiring from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvZe-E6tPG8
mrmacca

Postby Dazp1976 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:28 pm

mrmacca wrote:This is the link that I copied the wiring from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvZe-E6tPG8

OK. So I've been checking things out with cncdrive and the wiring is legit and will cause no issue if using isolated outs for direction due to being npn.
So this should be correct.
AO1 > 10v in.
5VO > GND.
ISO # Out > FWD.
ISO # Out > REV.

Check all your parameters and software again in case you missed something. I normally use a volt meter before connecting things tbf to make sure the controls are delivering the correct amount.
Go through that pdf I linked earlier because that looks to be the correct one. If you used the other one you showed you may have a peram, incorrect.

I'm not much of a vfd person but check your motor specs. Afaik these don't like being ran in reverse and normally have a minimum speed before cooking. You can set a minimum/maximum in uccnc below frequency on spindle page to prevent running too slow.
I would take a break. Read through that manual, then try again with a clear head.
Dazp1976

Postby mrmacca » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:41 pm

Dazp1976 wrote:
mrmacca wrote:This is the link that I copied the wiring from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvZe-E6tPG8

OK. So I've been checking things out with cncdrive and the wiring is legit and will cause no issue if using isolated outs for direction due to being npn.
So this should be correct.
AO1 > 10v in.
5VO > GND.
ISO # Out > FWD.
ISO # Out > REV.

Check all your parameters and software again in case you missed something. I normally use a volt meter before connecting things tbf to make sure the controls are delivering the correct amount.
Go through that pdf I linked earlier because that looks to be the correct one. If you used the other one you showed you may have a peram, incorrect.

I'm not much of a vfd person but check your motor specs. Afaik these don't like being ran in reverse and normally have a minimum speed before cooking. You can set a minimum/maximum in uccnc below frequency on spindle page to prevent running too slow.
I would take a break. Read through that manual, then try again with a clear head.

Yes was thinking that myself to take a break. Ordered a volt meter so will have a go at testing sometime tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Once again thanks for all the help.
Cheers
mrmacca

Postby Dazp1976 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:09 pm

mrmacca wrote:
AO1 > 10v in.
5VO > GND.
ISO # Out > FWD.
ISO # Out > REV.

Yes was thinking that myself to take a break. Ordered a volt meter so will have a go at testing sometime tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Once again thanks for all the help.
Cheers

Cool.
I normally check analog and non-ISO outputs using the volt setting and any ISO outputs-npn with the buzz setting.
Dazp1976

Postby mrmacca » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:42 pm

Dazp1976 wrote:
mrmacca wrote:
AO1 > 10v in.
5VO > GND.
ISO # Out > FWD.
ISO # Out > REV.

Cheers

Cool.
I normally check analog and non-ISO outputs using the volt setting and any ISO outputs-npn with the buzz setting.

Everything seems to be giving out what it should but I don't get a reading from the vfd 10v in which then goes to ao1. Thats if im doing it right lol
mrmacca

Postby mrmacca » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:08 pm

Wire coming from my spindle looks crap, not grounded, should I some new cable, if so what do I look for also what are the plugs called attached to the wire.
Cheers
Attachments
image0 (4).jpeg
mrmacca

Postby Dazp1976 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:46 pm

mrmacca wrote:
Everything seems to be giving out what it should but I don't get a reading from the vfd 10v in which then goes to ao1. Thats if im doing it right lol

The 10v in on vfd is the input. AO1 on axbb-e is the output.
You want to probe the screw terminals (voltage setting) AO1 and 5VO to varify you are getting an analog voltage. If you get voltage changes with various M3S*** commands in midi then it's not an analog problem.
You probe your isolated output # and 5VO (buzz setting) and turn output on. If the meter buzzes, the output is switching fine.
These 2 will confirm your axbb-e is spot on and eliminate this being any problem.
Issue will then be vfd/spindle, either perameters or other.

As for the Spindle. It's a common problem to find it isn't 4th pin or case grounded
The person to ask about connectors and grounding is 'Mactec54' over on cnczone forum.
There is actually a HELL of a lot of threads already over there which cover this issue.

There isn't so many threads on here because generally things to do with UC work.
Dazp1976

Postby Dazp1976 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:03 pm

mrmacca wrote:Wire coming from my spindle looks crap, not grounded, should I some new cable, if so what do I look for also what are the plugs called attached to the wire.
Cheers

There should be writing on the cable. Exampke: 3C 18AWG CY (that would be 3core, 1mn2, shielded, with those codes).
1.5kw or less can get away with 4core 18AWG shielded.
Above 1.5kw you want 16AWG (1.5mm) shielded or thicker.
Should still be able to test run it without a ground wire, the issues can start when it gives off EMI noise through the wires and machine frame when installed.

Not a clue on the connector. Looks like GX16/GX20 or aviation plug. Can't guarantee it.

This might be worth flicking through :
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5814-The ... dvice-More
Last edited by Dazp1976 on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dazp1976

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware