Stepcraft touch probe retrofit

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Stepcraft touch probe retrofit

Postby Tstorm » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:47 am

hey semi familiar with uccnc and I'm trying to retrofit a stepcraft touch probe to an axbb-e controller for an i2r cnc. could really use some help. So far I've tried a few things. I have tried to wire my touch probe in series with my tool setter. No results. So I asked around and got multiple answers. I was told to connect the wires to an input on the axbb-e. I first opened my computer for my cnc and found out all the inputs are being used. Then I located what looked like a custom slave board with inputs on it that had corresponding markings to the inputs on the axbb-e. These inputs have polarized pcb connectors for accessories sold separately. i set up my multimeter and probed the pins only to find inconsistent voltages on only one of the 4 pins in the connectors. 6v - 18v. That would turn to 0v after making contact with the pin. Upon further discussion i was advised to purchase a C10 cnc Bi Directional Parallel Port Breakout board and a 26pin to Db25 ribbon cable. Can someone help me to understand what I'm attempting to do? Is this as simple as plugging it in and connecting the wires to an output? Or do i have to do more? Will the macros on uccnc just automatically work or do i have to assign the ports? If so how? Please fill in the banks for me. Attatched is a pic of my axbb-e board and the custom slave board I was talking about.
Tstorm

Re: Stepcraft touch probe retrofit

Postby ger21 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:03 pm

Pics did not attach.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Tstorm » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 pm

image2.jpeg
axbb-e
Attachments
image0.png
What i think is a custom slave board
image1.jpeg
C10 Parallel Port Interface
Tstorm

Postby heffer86 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:29 pm

Tstorm wrote:hey semi familiar with uccnc and I'm trying to retrofit a stepcraft touch probe to an axbb-e controller for an i2r cnc. could really use some help. So far I've tried a few things. I have tried to wire my touch probe in series with my tool setter. No results. So I asked around and got multiple answers. I was told to connect the wires to an input on the axbb-e. I first opened my computer for my cnc and found out all the inputs are being used. Then I located what looked like a custom slave board with inputs on it that had corresponding markings to the inputs on the axbb-e. These inputs have polarized pcb connectors for accessories sold separately. i set up my multimeter and probed the pins only to find inconsistent voltages on only one of the 4 pins in the connectors. 6v - 18v. That would turn to 0v after making contact with the pin. Upon further discussion i was advised to purchase a C10 cnc Bi Directional Parallel Port Breakout board and a 26pin to Db25 ribbon cable. Can someone help me to understand what I'm attempting to do? Is this as simple as plugging it in and connecting the wires to an output? Or do i have to do more? Will the macros on uccnc just automatically work or do i have to assign the ports? If so how? Please fill in the banks for me. Attatched is a pic of my axbb-e board and the custom slave board I was talking about.

Were you ever able to figure this out?
heffer86

Return to Hardware