Absolute position servo encoders.

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Absolute position servo encoders.

Postby Delco » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:27 am

I am thinking of getting a VMC that has a chinese lnc6800 controller on it.
The problem is I loose a lot of what I believe are must have features like tool tables assignment and probing routins etc.
Being a long time user of UCCNC I wondered if I could remove the fitted controller and retrofit a UCCNC system , the first hurdle is it uses absolute position encoders for homing and position feedback - could this be incorporated into UCCNC ?
In the same vein I would need to control the spindle with is also a absolute position servo.

Is this doable in any form ?
Delco

Re: Absolute position servo encoders.

Postby lp_felix » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:52 am

+1

I'm doing one retrofit, and now need to choose the servos.

Absolute servos, or incremental? 2500ppr incremental, or 17/23 bit absolute encoder?
How to sync absolute servos with uccnc?

Thanks
lp_felix

Postby Dazp1976 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:34 am

Delco wrote:I am thinking of getting a VMC that has a chinese lnc6800 controller on it.
The problem is I loose a lot of what I believe are must have features like tool tables assignment and probing routins etc.
Being a long time user of UCCNC I wondered if I could remove the fitted controller and retrofit a UCCNC system , the first hurdle is it uses absolute position encoders for homing and position feedback - could this be incorporated into UCCNC ?
In the same vein I would need to control the spindle with is also a absolute position servo.

Is this doable in any form ?

Line drivers?.
Dazp1976

Postby ger21 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:57 am

I think he's asking if UCCNC can use the absolute encoder position information. I don't think so.
We have a Morbidelli router with absolute encoders. It has no home or limit switches, because the machine always knows where it is.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Hardware