Modbus compatible 2.2kw VFD?

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Modbus compatible 2.2kw VFD?

Postby Archy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Can anyone recommend a VFD that will work fully with the MODBUS plugin over rs-485. 2.2kw. I've heard the huanyang isn't fully compatible. Something similar price or within 1-200aud extra. Axbbe and a din rail ethernet to rs-485 will be the communications.
Archy

Re: Modbus compatible 2.2kw VFD?

Postby A_Camera » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:25 am

Archy wrote:Can anyone recommend a VFD that will work fully with the MODBUS plugin over rs-485. 2.2kw. I've heard the huanyang isn't fully compatible. Something similar price or within 1-200aud extra. Axbbe and a din rail ethernet to rs-485 will be the communications.

Modbus is independent of your AXBBE. Huanyang doesn't speak Modbus at all. What they call Modbus is not Modbus. I am using Bosch but there are plenty others which have implemented Modbus, common for all of them is that they are established brands in the industry and are not the cheapest on the market.
A_Camera

Postby kucharzb » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:56 pm

I am now able to control via Modbus the SKI780 VFD / pretty neat and compact VFD!
kucharzb

Postby A_Camera » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Cool. Yes, it's pretty neat to use Modbus. Never failed on me during the 5-6 years I have used it, though there were many people here on this forum who warned me about the use... :lol: I guess it all depends on who is doing the configuration and programming, which VFD and how reliable the controller is. Modbus has been used in industry application for a long time, so I figured if it can be used in that environment then it must be just as useful in my home shop, but I understand that people without courage, knowledge or experience in programming are a bit afraid, for them, hard wired systems with switches, dials and buttons and analogue voltage changes is easier to grasp. When I bought my VFD the ability to control it reliably via Modbus was a MUST requirement. That's why I dismissed all cheap Chinese ones because of the lack of proper documentation and industrial application history.
A_Camera

Return to Hardware